What do you do with your trouser legs?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sandra6

Veteran
The habit of tucking trousers into socks has been touched upon on another thread today, so I thought it worth asking the question -what exactly do you do with your trousers?
I don't wear socks, or atleast not ones long enough to tuck anything in to, not a problem on the apollo with its chain guard, but on the specialized I find my trouser legs catch on the bottle and cage of all things.
I bought some cycle clips - luminous yellow of course - but my ankles are evidently too skinny and they fall off. I generally resort to just rolling my pant legs up now.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
For extra style, I only tuck the drive side trouser leg into my sock. It works a treat and wins gasps of admiration.

fimm

Veteran
I only use brown or black. I tried some of the shiny ones but they made me feel like mutton dressed as lamb.
I'm not such a fan of the high-vis ones as I was, and am thinking of getting a dark coloured pair.

Pauluk

Asda are selling some narrow fit leisure trousers at the moment. These are great for cooler days as they don't snag on anything and are quite comfy.

I bought some Velcro trouser straps from China off ebay for a couple of quid but don't tend to need them as in the summer I tend to wear shorts. However was out last weekend round Rutland Water with my wife and I got badly bitten on the back of my leg and am now on antibiotics nursing a big fat infected calf :cry:

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
I NEVER wear trousers on a bike. simples.
seriously if you're cycling into work, wear your normal shirt, tie and jacket but then put on some cycling shorts. feel free to keep the white socks and shoes and even better if you have those sock suspenders.
you'll delight all and sundry with your ultimate style and possibly even set a trend!
;)
Pete

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I NEVER wear trousers on a bike. simples.
seriously if you're cycling into work, wear your normal shirt, tie and jacket but then put on some cycling shorts. feel free to keep the white socks and shoes and even better if you have those sock suspenders.
you'll delight all and sundry with your ultimate style and possibly even set a trend!
;)
Pete
Is this the kind of thing you had in mind?

Brompton_World_Championship.jpg

I was brought up to use cycle clips, but haven't used them for decades. I still see them in cycle shops, but they are not for me.

If wearing long-enough socks, I tuck my right trouser leg in.

If sockless, I roll my right trouser leg up to just under the knee. If suited, I do so with great care and unroll it with even more care.

I'm not an obsessive cleaner of bicycles, but I find that a reasonably maintained bike has nothing untoward to deposit on my left trouser leg.

Top Bottom