what do you really look like?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Well, I've been around so little that you've probably forgotten who I am anyway, but here is me off the bike:

self-portrait

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
redfox said:
Thought long and hard about joining this thread, like a lot of people, I hate most pictures of myself. I think this is the only one on my site where I am not an indistinguishable feature somewhere in the middle distance.

050708-05.JPG
So that's you sat on the rock, right? xx(

bonj said:
'tis, aye. What make is it/what forks?

It's a Ventana X5 (5" travel all mountain jobby). Current build is:
Rock Shox Revelation (the forks in the pic are Pace RC40s and were really unreliable)
Mavic X317 on Chris King
XT drivetrain and transmission
Hope Mini brakes
Thomson in line seat post
Azonic CF1 bars
Conti Vert Pro 2.3
Hope bits and bobs - ie skewers, seat clamp

And I've added some decals to the downtube now as the original owner took them off!

bonj2

Kirstie said:
It's a Ventana X5 (5" travel all mountain jobby). Current build is:
Rock Shox Revelation (the forks in the pic are Pace RC40s and were really unreliable)
Mavic X317 on Chris King
XT drivetrain and transmission
Hope Mini brakes
Thomson in line seat post
Azonic CF1 bars
Conti Vert Pro 2.3
Hope bits and bobs - ie skewers, seat clamp

And I've added some decals to the downtube now as the original owner took them off!

hmmm... never heard of ventana, but looks good spec! (esp. wheels)

bonj said:
hmmm... never heard of ventana, but looks good spec! (esp. wheels)

Ventana is one of those US niche brands like Turner used to be before everyone bought one (and then they sold their rear suspension design to Trek)... www.ventanausa.com
Build quality and lateral stiffness are absolutely unparalleled on the X5 IMO. It's absolutely bombproof and will take anything you throw at it. It's a joy to ride - i've raced on it and ridden down sundry alps on it too, all without incident. Lots of people don't like the X5 because of its looks, but the ride is just unbelievably good.

bonj2

Kirstie said:
Ventana is one of those US niche brands like Turner used to be before everyone bought one (and then they sold their rear suspension design to Trek)... www.ventanausa.com
Build quality and lateral stiffness are absolutely unparalleled on the X5 IMO. It's absolutely bombproof and will take anything you throw at it. It's a joy to ride - i've raced on it and ridden down sundry alps on it too, all without incident. Lots of people don't like the X5 because of its looks, but the ride is just unbelievably good.

I think it looks nice....functional and strong

Arch

Married to Night Train
alecstilleyedye said:
mine's in my profile. i am indeed sticking my tongue out!

I was at a theme park a couple of weeks ago, and they had a sea lion that had been trained to stick its tongue out, it was very funny, partly because of the expression it had to pull to do it - with it's nose all sort of screwed up...

Top Bottom