what do you really look like?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

domtyler

Über Member
bonj said:
I think it's quite interesting and curious that people assume I'm a bloke.

Who did?

Arch

Married to Night Train
bonj said:
hmmm. looking at the card it appears this is the case. the worldly sum of six pence. stingy gits (mind you they're obviously on a bit of a cost cutting exercise now...) :biggrin: I wouldn't worry about it. :evil:

Sounds like Mr Paul may have forgotton that an A4 envelope is not just a letter, but a 'large letter'. That happened to me when I sent a card and booktoken for my Mum's birthday, in an A5 envelope for God's sake. Although the next time I sent an A5 envelope, I took it to the post office to avoid a mistake and they only charged me normal first class. It's stupidly confusing...

You may find bonj, that you have to pay a quid on top of the 6p, for the privelege of them keeping it for you to pick up...:blush:

ChrisKH

Guru
Absolutely crossed. The truth is I didn't give a thought to what sex Blonde was and was too stupid to realise otherwise (as Kirstie has pointed out, nicely). Obviously at some point I became aware Blonde was a lady - this was some time ago in C+ btw. I don't go looking for gender as a rule.

Now if bonj was a woman, that would be a surprise. :evil:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Oh, and as someone frequently assumed to be a bloke in the past, I can see both sides of the 'compliment' issue. Yes, it seems a little off to refer to thinking someone is a bloke as a compliment, as it implies that you think that being a bloke is better than being a girl. On the other hand, I'm pleased if the majority of my posts are so gender neutral as to pass for a bloke, because I like to think it means I'm not biased one way or the other, or fit any stereotype of a 'bird'.

Just for the record. I'm a bloke and I can prove it. I have big balls,

726717573_9b834afaea.jpg

Well ok one big ball :evil:

bonj2

Arch said:
You may find bonj, that you have to pay a quid on top of the 6p, for the privelege of them keeping it for you to pick up...:evil:

I know, the gits. small change though, so no matter - i've probably got that in coppers in a jar.

Arch

Married to Night Train
bonj said:
I know, the gits. small change though, so no matter - i've probably got that in coppers in a jar.

OT a bit, but I saw a traffic cop show on TV the other night and a lad was pulled over for using a bus lane, and he was all cocky and posturing in the back of the cop car, and saying "that fine (£30), that's small change to me, I've got loads of money. And I've got to get to a meeting" (whereupon, of course, the cop filled the form in with painstaking slowness). He was a little less cocky when pulled again minutes later by the same cop for going the wrong way down a one way street, and was told it would go to court, because he thought it might mean prison.

Arch said:
OT a bit, but I saw a traffic cop show on TV the other night and a lad was pulled over for using a bus lane, and he was all cocky and posturing in the back of the cop car, and saying "that fine (£30), that's small change to me, I've got loads of money. And I've got to get to a meeting" (whereupon, of course, the cop filled the form in with painstaking slowness). He was a little less cocky when pulled again minutes later by the same cop for going the wrong way down a one way street, and was told it would go to court, because he thought it might mean prison.

I saw that show - it's the one narrated by Jamie Theakston, with the 'CCTV will save us all' subtext. Happy days.

bonj2

Arch said:

Hmmm... one thing is certainly obvious - if he was pulled again, by the same cop later for going the wrong way down a one way street, then even without the offences he obviously wasn't taking the best route to his meeting.

User said:
Either that or he was a trainee White Van Man who'd borrowed his dad's car for the night...

He was driving a red ford Ka, with 4 passengers in it. Upon being stopped both times the driver started to suggest the police were racist as they were all asians in the car. Don't know how much the presence of a film crew prompted that response... but the whole scenario wasn't particularly pleasant. In my view the whole programme was trying to say to people 'don't wind up the police', 'we're watching you', 'we'll catch you' etc. Having said that I wouldn't like that job...

Top Bottom