What do you reckon the chances are?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

See, if he'd not bothered trying to make a comeback none of this would have happened.

Mr Transparency, the ball is in your court....

(I actually think this one should be dropped TBH)

mondobongo

Über Member
Dangerous exercise.

A. They are outside the time limit statute of 8 years so even if a positive was returned it could not be actioned or sanction given. Not an ideal situation to be in and I cannot see armstrong giving up at that point more likely we will get to this.

B. Just what sort of condition is this urine in after being stored for 8 years. I think a positive would never really stand up there would always be questions as there are now really as to did he or didn't he..

Throw them away and lets target him over the coming months. Keeping quiet about the development of tests to identify new generation EPO.

Lets see him caught bang to rights and without a leg to pedal on.

gavintc

Guru
I believe that the French anti doping body has already checked them and like a good barrister knows the answer to the question before it was asked. However, it has a 'shoot-stirring' smell about it.

I vacilate between wanting to know for sure and letting sleeping dogs lie. To an extent it is history, let us see what he legs can do now.

wafflycat

This would be the same Mr Armstrong who has made the point, several times, in the past, IIRC, about being so confident in being clean that all his samples from the past are stored for future retesting? And would this be the same Mr Armstrong who, now that retesting seems to be a possibility , is crying foul even before any tests are done? Hmmm....

Noodley

Tests have already been carried out on these samples which IIRC were B samples. These were the tests reported by l'Equipe in 2005 a few days after the end of the Tour.

OP
OP
Chuffy

Chuffy

Veteran
Tetedelacourse said:
Good point MrGrumpy - Chuffy, would you cut him some slack if they returned a negative result?
Given that those same samples have already tested postitive then no, if they tested negative that would raise too many questions to simply wave the issue way and give him a clean bill of health.

I'd probably cut him about as much slack as the fan-boys cut the French authorities when the samples tested positive on 2005. B)

OP
OP
Chuffy

Chuffy

Veteran
In all seriousness, this looks like the French anti-doping chaps tweaking Lance's tail. I can't see him biting and because it's historical it won't have any real momentum. The story will fizzle away pretty quickly imho.

The '99 samples are nothing but a sh*t stirring tool now. There's more than a hint of doubt about the provenance of the original 'independent' tests, they're outside the current limit and the French are up to their old cynical smear campaign again.

Those that say his return is not good for the sport are enacting the first stages of a self-fulfilling prophecy. They don't have the best interests of the sport at hand but their own interests and agendas. I find it quite sickeningly distasteful.

Top Bottom