What do you think of: husband and wife sharing single electric MTB. Any comments welcome!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MTB2020

Sharing a single electric mountain bike:smooch:

My husband and I have been thinking about getting a single electric MTB to share between us to save on money and garage space.
That way I can ride it with the dropper seat down on our casual family rides in the country (and actually ride the longer routes), and he can ride it on real MTB outings with his friends.

The bike would be in his size, because fit matters more for his (him) serious riding than for my casual use.
I sometimes ride his current non-electric MTB with the dropper seat down, and my positioning and posture seems to be very much the same as on my regular bike.
But I feel it is not perfect.

Does this seem like a viable option?

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
It doesn't sound a very sensible idea to me at all, unless you are of very similar size - which clearly you aren't. A badly fitting bike will at best not be much fun to ride, and could easily end up causing things you don't want like knee problems.

mustang1

Guru
A few points:
Size should be good for both of you. If you are happy with the seatpost down, then ok. Would be good idea to try the bike out.
Would you need to use the bikes simultaneously?
Would you ride the bike, drain the battery, and then your husband would need to wait for it to charge before riding it (or vice versa)? If that's a problem, then perhaps buy an a second battery.
Some people like to have their own thing; some do not mind sharing at all.

Other than those points, seems to be a good idea! It's almost like a one-car household which many people have.

Top Bottom