what do you think of the CTC

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
nothing complicated - and it doesn't matter if you know nothing or next to nothing about the organisation. Just tell us what your impression is.

mattobrien

Guru
Beards.

Sandals.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Joined 3 years ago. Went on about 6 rides. Sometimes painfully slow, mostly decent folks but not the types I would go for a night out with. Had a slight altercation with one bloke on a ride out because I went on ahead of the main group after the run leader had told us it was fine to do so but to wait at a certain place known to me. Some took it all too seriously. Renewed for one year then after that didn't bother. Won't be bothering again.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Decent value, reasonably interesting mag
Local to where I am now (but you wouldn't know it)
Supplier of traditional rides to the middle-aged
Host to a moaning forum
Far preferable to BC
Confused - why does a road organisation support downhill mountain biking?
Hiding its light under a bushel in respect of its innovative development of policy

Declarations of interest - I am a member, and every so often we bump into Roger Geffen (whom R knew at college) at a concert or at the opera.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I'm a member of LCC and only joined CTC as an associate to go on Fridays rides. I know LCC has lots of critics but it seems more relevant to me as the bulk of my riding is in London. Last week I did get a email from West Kent CTC thanking me for joining recently (18 months or so!) and giving me details of upcoming rides. I don't get the magazine but do get their emails which I generally look at. Occasionally I learn about events or news that I didn't already know about.

Top Bottom