What do you think will happen to the UK bike retail industry?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex321

Guru
Location
South Wales
I’m somewhat shamed to admit but I bought some Rapha leg warmers today. It’s getting to that time of year where it’s a bit chilly on the legs but it’s not bib tight cold.
My current leg warmers Assos are probably over 10 years old and with a few miles I end up looking like Nora Batty before they slide down my legs.
So I wanted to try some on before buying and these days how many shops are there were you can do this. So tried these and seems like they will stay up and I did get discount.
Do I need to do a penance like crawl on my knees to Lourdes.

Why would you be shamed by that?
 

wakemalcolm

Legendary Member
Location
Ratho
Just reading that Edinburgh Bike Co-op are facing insolvency.

Mixed feelings on this as on the one hand to they're a local institution, but on the other hand I've found them expensive difficult to deal with.

As per, it reads like the management and the creditors are going to get stuffed but the shops might survive.
 

Punkawallah

Veteran
Just reading that Edinburgh Bike Co-op are facing insolvency.

Mixed feelings on this as on the one hand to they're a local institution, but on the other hand I've found them expensive difficult to deal with.

As per, it reads like the management and the creditors are going to get stuffed but the shops might survive.

From your lips to the ears of the gods.
 

VinSumRox

Über Member
Location
Scottish Borders
Just reading that Edinburgh Bike Co-op are facing insolvency.

Mixed feelings on this as on the one hand to they're a local institution, but on the other hand I've found them expensive difficult to deal with.

As per, it reads like the management and the creditors are going to get stuffed but the shops might survive.

I see the Aberdeen shop and one in Canonmills have now shut.
The Bruntsfield shop is/was good as it had lots of stuff in stock.
 

katiewlx

Senior Member
Just reading that Edinburgh Bike Co-op are facing insolvency.

Mixed feelings on this as on the one hand to they're a local institution, but on the other hand I've found them expensive difficult to deal with.

As per, it reads like the management and the creditors are going to get stuffed but the shops might survive.

fwiw I thought theyd been through this already (they hadnt) but I guess their position has been fraught for a while
 
Top Bottom