What do you want from a cafe?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Sofas, cycling magazines and a boss who does not think that everyone is automatically doing the job correctly.

I have been in all sorts of establishments where the service was truly awful. If you provide crap service, you will go out of business in no time. Provide good service and the word gets around and you will have a good business.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
All in all, I tend to avoid UK coffee shops because of the mass of hipsters that tend to congregate inside them every time i walk past. with their fancy clothes, beards, disconnected or pompadour haircuts/styles & constantly glued to their iphone or imac or talking about what he or she did with so and so's boyfriend the other night and all sorts of bollocks as if they are the only people in the world who has problems that I neither care for or have the patience to listen to...

Thats why I always prefer coffee shops in the EU, there's people that go there to have coffee with friends or loved ones before carrying on their day. They sit together at a table and talk with each other, I dont speak EU so f**ked if i know what they are talking about but at least they arent a few miles apart with a mobile phones or handsfree kits hanging off their ears, sitting alone and having a conversation with somebody invisible...

Im sure my post will stir up some amount of hate on these forums.

united4ever

Über Member
I like a flat white for £2.40 but sometimes it feels a bit of a luxury since I am on a tight budget. Pret a manger do a filter coffee for 99p which I am happy to sacrifice that intensity of an espresso for. If you could do a 99p filter coffee I would be more likely to come in for a hot drink. Not sure you would be making the same profit margin but if you get repeat custom then maybe so.

SteveF

Some homemade bread pudding would be nice... Not sure if I'd be able to get the bike moving again afterwards though..

bruce1530

Guru
My pet coffee hate is overcharging for double espresso....

The Starbucks stall at my work charges 35p for an “extra shot”.
One cafe I often go to randomly charges between 40p and £1 extra, depending on who serves.
But the worst is one I visited last week - great coffee, but charged double for an extra shot. I wasn’t taking up two seats, I wasn’t using two cups.....

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Never, but my opinions are quite often very 'unsavory' on these forums shall we say.

Good grief.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
You threw down the gauntlet...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSd8l-EzJ_j6id5v7EBXuiUY4hf7hgMY7xMxsVuEG0aBuTFDmov7A.jpg

Jeez, here i am having a Cornish pastie for my supper then i stumble across this!xx(

PoisonIvy

Multiple toilets. I haven't been cycling that long but literally every single cafe that I've stopped at on a cycling route has one toilet and a very long queue of Lycra clad people doing 'the dance'.

Top Bottom