What does your other half do that annoys you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Plax

Guru
He smokes. He thinks I'll never realise he has had a fag if he smokes it 2 hrs before he comes home - but I can tell straight away. The naughty little boy look when I glare at him tends to give it away too ;)

He also buys me too much chocolate (so naturally I feel obliged to eat it each time) and never buys me flowers.

Canrider

Guru
it's a rare day that doesn't include "have you seen my keys?"
+1!
Today was 'It's not very helpful for you to have one of the three copies of the key the key to the cellar in your pocket when I need to get down there and you're not at home.'

;) :biggrin:

walker

Mine has an endless Supply of Shoes and bags that she leaves Just lying around for me to pick up and put back, oh and she has lost the ability to put toilet paper on a toilet roll holder

Plax

Guru
sheddy said:
Can he buy chocolate flowers ?

Now there's an idea!
He did go to Holland with work once and came back with chocolates with tulips on the wrapper - do you think that counts? ;)

simonali

Guru
gary r said:
she takes a glass of water to bed everynight (never drinks it)

Ditto. Also she'll quite often go upstairs having forgotten it and then shouts down to me (who is terribly busy on forums!) to bring up the offending glass. I then have to take it back down in the morning, too!

She also puts on a TV/radio in any room she wanders into and then leaves it on when she wanders back out again along with all the lights.

catwoman

Don't have an "other half" (sob). But when I did the universal irritations were:
Farting; burping; channel hopping; leaving the toilet seat up; peeing on the floor around the toilet (yeuchhhhh!);dropping wet towels all over the place;....there are many more that I have blocked out now.
Maybe I just haven't been very lucky. ;)

buggi

Bird Saviour
catwoman said:
Don't have an "other half" (sob). But when I did the universal irritations were:
Farting; burping; channel hopping; leaving the toilet seat up; peeing on the floor around the toilet (yeuchhhhh!);dropping wet towels all over the place;....there are many more that I have blocked out now.
Maybe I just haven't been very lucky. xx(

that's probably why he's your ex ;)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
My other half has an equally annoying habit as mine...... sewing/embroidery - has 4-5 machines - 2 x electronic touch screen computerised sewing embroidery machines - like pro race bike price..... 2 x overlocker machines...one worth about a Planet X Carbon, and lots of mess....my bikes live in the garage..... ?

Me I tidy up and can't remember where I put her mess................

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I wouldn't change the husband for anyone...but I'd love him to be a bit tidier and to put his dirty clothes in the wash bin instead of store them behind the door in the spare room until I think I've conquered the washing basket and then he fills it to overflowing in one easy move.

But he sniggers like Mutley as he does it, and it makes me laugh so I can't be annoyed....which is even more annoying.

When I put stuff away (not admittedly that often) it always goes in the same place. So if I need it, I know where it is.

If she puts stuff away, she picks it up and looks for the nearest place to shove it. So we have piles in cupboards, behind chairs, in different rooms. And when I ask where anything is, she can't remember where she put it.

That pales into insignificance though when I think about the positives.

It's the other way round with me and Ms RT. She puts stuff away properly but doesn't normally know where anything is, I have piles of things in any available space and know exactly where things are (well, most of the time).

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I don't have an "other half" but when I did it was the classification of other peoples' minor behaviours, especially mine. "Thats so ... ADHD, OCD, aspergers, superstitious, etc."Didn't just do it to me, did it occasionally to others friends and people she hadn't even met properly!

yenrod

Some people in relationships 'relax' moe than others.

What sex (male/female) that is - doesnt matter!

It takes quite a great degree of mental ability to be with someone as logic is difinately not part of love - idealistic tendency is a major factor.

..in my experience you could love anyone: what the Q-factor is, the ability to see things and do things similarly....! ;)

Top Bottom