What does your other half think of your bike/s?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Although Mme HF has an Orion Orbit of her own and rides it every time she can, she is of the "You can only ride one at a time" persuasion. Like me really.

killiekosmos

Veteran
Mrs KK has no interest in cycling (would get in the way of shoppng) but she is happy that I get lots of exercise and fresh air (and can avoid shops) and that the car is available. No concerns over number of bikes either (4) as this is such a small number compared to the numver of pasirs of shoes Mrs KK has.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
The Babe reckons that my bike is heavy and unrefined. And she's a bit sniffy about the alloy cranks, chainrings and handlebars.

Mrs TI is incredibly tolerant. When the washing machine broke down and we were penniless with a 6 month old baby and real nappies, a pal (Hi Gary!) sent me £200 to buy a new washing machine. I bought a bike instead.

She tolerates my 9 bikes because I've told her that 2 are hers (but I ride the nice commuter), and I let her ride my folder.

I'm very lucky.

Twenty Inch said:
Mrs TI is incredibly tolerant. When the washing machine broke down and we were penniless with a 6 month old baby and real nappies, a pal (Hi Gary!) sent me £200 to buy a new washing machine. I bought a bike instead.

She tolerates my 9 bikes because I've told her that 2 are hers (but I ride the nice commuter), and I let her ride my folder.

I'm very lucky.

You bloomin' well are after that business with the 200 quid...christ!! I'd have chopped your nuts off...! And I'm a cyclist!

Anyway, my other half is only miffed because I have one more bike than he does, and he mostly has to look after mine as well as his. We have 11 between us.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Well, I don't have an other half at the moment, but don't think I could contemplate having one who didn't at least understand about cycling, and preferably wanted to come along too.

It was an other half who got me into cycling in the first place, if that helps.

U

User482

If my wife seriously disliked cycling, we wouldn't have got together in the first place.

PaulB

Legendary Member
I've tried teaching mine how to degrease and lubricate my bikes but so far, she's resited the temptation. It's 'cos if she ever did clean them and look after them for me, she'd be so fixated on keeping them pristine, no house work would ever get done.

Kirstie said:
You bloomin' well are after that business with the 200 quid...christ!! I'd have chopped your nuts off...! And I'm a cyclist!

Anyway, my other half is only miffed because I have one more bike than he does, and he mostly has to look after mine as well as his. We have 11 between us.

A case of cutting off your nose to spite your face, or similar, no?

Anyway, we have a new washing machine, and the transition from carefree and single triathlete to married father of one has emasculated me in any case.

GrasB

Veteran
The other half deals, a free roof over her head with storage for 2 kayaks & 1 canoe with almost unrestricted access to 2 very fashionable cars (she's a very image conscious one).

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
mrs alec is constantly irritated that at least one bike is in the dining room at any one time (unless i'm out on it), although she will happily watch the tdf and other races with me.

she did surprise me when i asked 'permission' to get n+1, which happened to be a very pretty vintage claud butler. she loved it too.

i think she also appreciates the fact that these days i'm a better physical specimin than was previously the case.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Twenty Inch said:

I'm very lucky.

was it one of these?

cyclean_a_large.jpg

Top Bottom