What does your other half think of your bike/s?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Mrs Fos is fine with the bikes - usually jokes I spend more time fettling the bikes than her.....

Best bike got confined to garage when kids arrived though. Se can't say much, I have to put up with 4 sewing machines in the house. The garage is MINE though.

Like Arch not having an "other half" means that the question is irrelevent but I have had a few people ask me if I intend selling the hybrid now that I have my tourer, to which the answer is usually a polite NO. They don't seem to understand why I need two bikes:laugh:.

iGaz

My good lady hates me going out on the bike, but understands why I go out! And has helped out with the purchase of extras every now and then.

OP
OP
Jane Smart

Jane Smart

The Queen
You know what surprises me about my other half not liking my bike, is, I don't work and always go out for a ride when he is working, so it never interferes with him:ohmy:

I maybe have dust in the house now :ohmy:

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
my wife loves my bikes. saves her a fortune and chills me out, keeps me healthier which she says will make live longer......so i can do jobs round the house for longer, thus saving her money for longer.

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
Mine has no problem with the bike in principle. She dislikes when it costs any money "My bike never cost anything when I was a kid", she says. She dislikes me going out for weekend rides, and she also thinks my desire for a road bike is, and I quote: 'pointless' as I already have a perfectly serviceable bike, and should have no need for another!

Jane, I'm glad to read your last signature comment!!!!! the house and its dust will be there when you are unable to cycle or don't want to. My husband has never cycled since he learnt to drive, doesn't really like cyclists who weave in and out & jump lights etc but he does mend a puncture for me and took an old bike of mine to put a new brake cable and caliper on. I don't give him the 'new fangled' gears as he has no idea, he'd have a go but ....
He likes classic cars & rebuilds them - I think I should get him to make bike frames, he'd be good at it! He doesn't mind me going camping with cycling buddies or cycling weekends. He does like to do Classic Car shows on Sundays in the summer, when I attend when I like the location.
Hey Jane, I'll bet your Dad disapproves!!!

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
John the Monkey said:
Mrs Monkey doesn't like the garage being full of bikes and bits.

She does like having someone around who knows how to fix her bike, the kid's bikes, and her friends' bikes.

Mrs Monkey doesn't like me spending time maintaining my bikes. She does like that I was able to sort out a better bike for her than the one she did have.

Mrs Monkey doesn't like when I go out for 3 hours of riding on a Sunday. Mrs Monkey does like that we don't need to run two cars, as I can do most journeys I do on my own by bike.

hmm sounds just like Mrs 4F, shortly I will be adding bikes no 3 and 4 into the stable :laugh::biggrin:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
[sigh]
My wife's work place has a C2W scheme and I have tried to persuade her to use it to get a decent bike, but she is just not interested :laugh:
[/sigh]

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Jane Smart said:
I maybe have dust in the house now :blush:

There's your reason :biggrin: :laugh:

.. and here's the solution: increase the speed of both the cycling :biggrin:& the dusting :angel:, he won't even know you've been out cycling

easy ;)

T

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
HJ said:
[sigh]
My wife's work place has a C2W scheme and I have tried to persuade her to use it to get a decent bike, but she is just not interested :angel:
[/sigh]

At least she cycles, unlike many other halves mentioned on this thread, you should count yourself lucky!

Mr T slags off my bike as too heavy & clunky, but if I got a "go faster" (TM), he'd be eating my dust ;). I'm just resisting so his pride doesn't get hurt :laugh:.

:biggrin:

T

P.S. I won't mention what he thought of my lovely pink Raleigh Chloe (5 gears), that I sadly had to retire after 14 years, due to lack of space. I was rather attached to it, we'd done some great rides together, Edinburgh-St Andrews 1994, Outer Hebrides, round Arran and many more ... It went on to a new life at the Edinburgh Bike Station

OP
OP
Jane Smart

Jane Smart

The Queen
Campfire said:
Jane, I'm glad to read your last signature comment!!!!! the house and its dust will be there when you are unable to cycle or don't want to. My husband has never cycled since he learnt to drive, doesn't really like cyclists who weave in and out & jump lights etc but he does mend a puncture for me and took an old bike of mine to put a new brake cable and caliper on. I don't give him the 'new fangled' gears as he has no idea, he'd have a go but ....
He likes classic cars & rebuilds them - I think I should get him to make bike frames, he'd be good at it! He doesn't mind me going camping with cycling buddies or cycling weekends. He does like to do Classic Car shows on Sundays in the summer, when I attend when I like the location.
Hey Jane, I'll bet your Dad disapproves!!!

Yes Campfire , Mrs House Very Houseproud Jane has dust at last!! That is probably why Mr Smart has taken exception to my bike. I am careful now, to rush round my housework, then take said ( he calls it Fecking pest ) bike out

My bike goes to ( and has been twice now in the twelve weeks of ownership) to the LBS for service ( I wore out the brakes ) as I dare not ask Mr S:wacko: to do it for me ( I also ripped a tyre in the hills :smile: )

Oh and as for my dad, he just moans at me, when he eventually gets me in when he phones for not being in the first time he phones, I was so predictable before I got my bike, I was always in :biggrin:

Top Bottom