What does your significant other think of your cycling hobby?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
I too have the WW2 section mainly German armed forces and politics 30-45.

OP
OP
O

oreo_muncher

I have no idea - I'm in Devon - there's one near here - but t'internet is good for looking things like this up i've heard...

sympathies - it is hard for lots of folks who are naturally gregarious right now - and Uni is supposed to be a good time for stuff like that.

I'm sure you're face is absolutely fine - and also even surer that there are far more interesting and attractive things about you other than that.

At least if you're not 'standard issue' attractive you'll avoid the attentions of the shallow sorts.

I didn't really like the way i looked much, at your age neither - but looking back at photos i was absolutely fine - i still am now as it happens - but all that seems so much less important - compared with personality - compatible interests - sense of humour - just being generally a nice enough person - when you're looking for a relationship.

And after all your main concern here seems to be researching the compatibility of long term relationships with a serious biking habit.

I suspect someone from your area would be better placed to speak about clubs you could join, to meet other cyclists if that was your kind of thing.
What do I Google?

Feel like my uni experience is ruined :sad:

I'm at the uni cycling club. I should probably join a 2nd cycling club.

I don't know if I'll find anyone that likes my personality, I am a lot different to other people. I don't really like the way I look :sad:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
What do I Google?

Feel like my uni experience is ruined :sad:

I'm at the uni cycling club. I should probably join a 2nd cycling club.

I don't know if I'll find anyone that likes my personality, I am a lot different to other people. I don't really like the way I look :sad:

Well there's here

https://www.nottinghambikeworks.org.uk/

For a start..
I cannot believe I'm doing the googling for someone who is younger than both my kids
It's hilarious ^_^

And secondly my dear, its an old cliché, but first you have to learn to love yourself, before expecting anyone else to do it.

Either you'll end up trying to pretend you're someone you're not - exhausting, and pointless.

Or you'll end up disrespecting them, for showing an interest in someone you don't think is worth it.

But TBH judging by the reaction to your research on here, you'd be any cyclists dream girl.
So long as you stay fit enough you'll be in front most of the time, and they'll be looking at something other than your doubtless perfectly nice face.

Plus let them store as many bikes as is deemed necessary in the bedroom.

Honestly you'!! be fine.

But yes I take your point about your Uni experience not being what you'd hoped for.

I hereby give you permission to go off on a mahoosive long bike tour after all this Covid business is over, and have some fun, maybe even meet other cyclists that way.

In the meantime back to those neuroscience studies.

N. B. Just a few guys seem to be intimidated by bright women.. Ignore them, and their insecurities - they're really not worth bothering with :okay:

RichardB

Slightly retro
Really? :whistle:

I am the sort of person you do not want to set loose in a bookshop or any other emporium (bricks and mortar or internet) that sells books... :blush:

When I got married the first time, a friend referred to the union as "the merging of the libraries". I have cut back from my student days, but I still have an entire wall of a spare room with a Billy bookcase floor to ceiling, and each shelf overfilled (books stacked in front of books, etc). I need to have a clearout, but I can't find anywhere here (West Wales) where I could find a good home for them.

RichardB

Slightly retro
I have no idea where to meet potential dating material with this whole covid thing and I never seem to be anyone's type even though Im in good shape, think it's my facial features- they're not considered attractive.

Any man worth having won't care about your facial features, or even your fitness level, if the chemistry is right. It helps if you are confident, but above all you need to be kind. If you're a nice person (andf from your posts I am guessing you are, despite my first waspish comment to you) then the right person will come along and you will know. Be patient, and have fun while you're waiting. All will be well.

When I got married the first time, a friend referred to the union as "the merging of the libraries". I have cut back from my student days, but I still have an entire wall of a spare room with a Billy bookcase floor to ceiling, and each shelf overfilled (books stacked in front of books, etc). I need to have a clearout, but I can't find anywhere here (West Wales) where I could find a good home for them.

You could always trebuchet them over to East Cambridgeshire... :laugh:

You know you're in trouble when even your bathroom has bookshelves... :whistle: But then again, a girl's gotta have some reading material while she's, well, doing what a girl's gotta do. ^_^

• Laugh
Reactions: C R
N. B. Just a few guys seem to be intimidated by bright women.. Ignore them, and their insecurities - they're really not worth bothering with :okay:

Tell me about it... Hrmph...

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
I even have my bed lined with bookshelves. You just never know when you wake up in the night and 'I wonder if' and I can look stuff up and make notes.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Neuroscience is a field that is never ending I suspect. If it were possible for example to figure out what 50% of the brain can do let alone all of it I think it would transform humanity. Sadly too many vested interests from that would try to capitalise on it for control. I do genuinely think we as a species are so much more capable than we think right now though. Slightly off original topic now though.

Top Bottom