What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davdandy

The Raid 2.The follow up to The Raid.Full of top notch fighting scenes and action but far too long.Clocking in at 150 minutes it is too long to sit through.Very enjoyable but the first film is miles better.

AndyRM

XOXO
Jurassic World - 6/10

Big and blockbustery in a mindlessly entertaining way. The plot makes very little sense and Stan Winston's ghost would be appalled by the CGI dinosaurs. Still, it was good fun and I'd rate it higher than Lost World and III, mostly because the makers have been quite clever in the way they've evolved the island. There were also loads of nods to the original which I liked.

davdandy

Death Proof last night, really enjoyed it, not watched it since it first came out, Not Tarantino's best by a long way but a cracking film all the same.

I hated this.80% of the film is women talking and swearing and doing nothing.The film goes nowhere.And when something does happen i just didnt care.1/10 for me.Dreadful and by far Tarantino`s worst ever movie.

AndyRM

XOXO
Death Proof's a funny one to rate I think. On one hand, Kurt Russell is brilliant and clearly having a whale of a time. On the other, the female characters are really poor, which is odd for Tarantino who normally writes great and strong parts for women.

That said, I do quite like it and his worst film for me is Kill Bill 2.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Seventh son. I think the lead roll was played by Beau Bridges. Not a bad way to spend a couple of hours. 7/10

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
The Station Agent. One of those quirky lo-budget character-based 'art' films, this one featuring a dwarf playing a real live (if small) human being. Quietly wonderful.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Get on up-James Browns' life story. Bloody good watching

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
Death Proof last night, really enjoyed it, not watched it since it first came out, Not Tarantino's best by a long way but a cracking film all the same.

I think Tarantino is really overrated, oddly I really enjoyed that film when I watched it, was ages ago though. Planet Terror was really good too as the other half of the Grindhouse presentation.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
"The Hundred Year Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared" - a quirky, silly, enjoyable (slightly black) comedy from Sweden. Said centenarian does a bunk from an old people's home, and ends up with a gangster's suitcase of money. Queue a serious of staggering co-incidences intercut with stories from said gent's past where he, Zelig or Forest Gump like takes part in many historical events. Good fun 8/10

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I saw Hary Janos last night. Hungarian animated film about a man whose fantastical rendering of the Napoleonic Conflict enthralls his village. To the music from the singspiel by Zoltan Kodaly.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Jurassic World - 6/10

Big and blockbustery in a mindlessly entertaining way. The plot makes very little sense and Stan Winston's ghost would be appalled by the CGI dinosaurs. Still, it was good fun and I'd rate it higher than Lost World and III, mostly because the makers have been quite clever in the way they've evolved the island. There were also loads of nods to the original which I liked.

I'd give it 7/10. It's basically Jurassic Park all over again with it full of 20,000 people. Great SFX, fun references to the original (the 'tasteless-cos-folk-died' T-shirt, the original red & silver jeeps, the overgrown original visitors centre including one of the kids finding those night-vision goggles etc). Oh, and the Chinese scientist from the first one too. Wasn't it just predictable what was going to happen if you cross two predator dinosaurs?. Still, I suppose it would be a bit of a boring film if it was a herbivore^_^.

Top Bottom