What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
I'd give it 7/10. It's basically Jurassic Park all over again with it full of 20,000 people. Great SFX, fun references to the original (the 'tasteless-cos-folk-died' T-shirt, the original red & silver jeeps, the overgrown original visitors centre including one of the kids finding those night-vision goggles etc). Oh, and the Chinese scientist from the first one too. Wasn't it just predictable what was going to happen if you cross two predator dinosaurs?. Still, I suppose it would be a bit of a boring film if it was a herbivore^_^.

7 was my original rating, which is probably a fairer score than the 6 I ended up on. I'm not really sure why I took a point off. Probably because of the lack of Stan Winston wizardry.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Jurassic World - 6/10

Big and blockbustery in a mindlessly entertaining way. The plot makes very little sense and Stan Winston's ghost would be appalled by the CGI dinosaurs. Still, it was good fun and I'd rate it higher than Lost World and III, mostly because the makers have been quite clever in the way they've evolved the island. There were also loads of nods to the original which I liked.

I watched it as well and I have to agree. A lot of hype and precious little else. The first one was the best, the others were made just to make money. very disappointed indeed. 6/10 was generous Andy.

Lemond

Jurassic World. With so much money available, advanced SFX and dinosaurs, how on earth did they conjure up something that boring? Truly terrible.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Before I Go to Sleep. Woman wakes up with no memory every day film. Kidman, Firth and Mark Strong star. Actually quite good, Kidnan does a lot of the whispering talking thing which can be mildly annoying, but it's a pretty decent thriller, Firth and Strong are good. Filmed in a great house and the cinematography is excellent, last movie filmed in Fuji 35mm apparently.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
In preparation for the next one, Mrs Benb and I are watching the Mission Impossible films.
Watched the first one last night. The internet and hacking scenes are rather dated now, but quite a good plot and the CIA break-in is excellent.

Leaway2

Lycrist
Great Expectations (2012). 8/10. As a fan of the David Lean version, I was expecting to be disappointed. The cast didnt ham it up as much, and Ralph Fiennes as Abel Magwitch, does not have the shock value of the original, but still enjoyable.

AndyRM

XOXO
The Cell - 8/10

Normally the name Jennifer Lopez would be enough to stop anyone watching a film, but this really is excellent. Visually amazing, interesting story, very dark and twisted, seriously under-rated, probably because of Lopez's involvement.

Great film.

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
Watching Dredd (Karl Urban one) at the moment, in bits when I get ten minutes here and there. Really like it so far and it's a shame there won't be a sequel.

Really like Karl Urban, such a good baddie that he lifted RED which is a very silly film. Great in the Bourne one as well, and he's in LOTR.

D

Deleted member 23692

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. For what it was it's quite enjoyable.

The odd thing is that 7ft talking CGI terrapins, who just happen to be masters in martial arts, are far more realistic and believable than Megan Fox's surgically enhanced face

I love Dredd and Mama is such a bad ass bitch.The film is similar in plot to the awesome The Raid.

The amazing Lena Headey:

Lena-Headey-as-Madeline-Ma-Ma-Madrigal-in-Dredd-lena-headey-30759834-1321-874.jpg

You can see how the prosthetic is proud, you couldn't pucker natural flesh like that.

Top Bottom