What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
Legend - 3/10

Given the subject matter I'm amazed how boring this was. Very well shot and visually authentic but totally let down by a stereotypical performance from Hardy. He's a good looking chap, but he's no actor which I'd suspected since I saw Locke and had confirmed by the end of Legend.

AndyRM

XOXO
I have to agree, I like Hardy but it seems all his roles are just Tom Hardy playing Tom Hardy, from bronson to the take to peaky blinders, its basically the same character.

He's basically Jason Statham with hair.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
"Left Behind"

Just terrible, but I found myself unable to stop watching. Also, the main character's name is "Ray".

Which is short for "Rayford".

AndyRM

XOXO
Everest

6/10

Beautifully shot but that's about it. A great cast is hampered by a duff script which hammers in far too many clichés. The montage at the end is weird and unnecessary.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Watched San Andreas yesterday, pretty bland

OP
OP
Hitchington

Hitchington

Lovely stuff
[QUOTE 3914716, member: 9609"]Winter's Bone
very good but didn't leave me feeling very uplifted - tough people in a tough community. After watching the film I went to explore the area that it was set and filmed in Ozark Mountains - sure enough it looks very similar to the film with many ramshackle type buildings with scrap cars and trucks dotted here there and everywhere, I would guess if google earth had sounds you would be able to here the dogs barking.[/QUOTE]
It is a good film, but yes, don't watch it if you're feeling down.

mustang1

Legendary Member
Unstoppable: was expecting rubbish and it was rubbish, but had it on as a background movie.
Old School: was expecting a good movie but it was trash. Not sure what I found so funny the first time I saw it.

Tin Pot

Guru
Jurassic Park III

Watched one and two earlier in the week introducing the series to my son, and the third yesterday - may see World tomorrow.

It's been fun, III is pretty good, lots of jumps, acting is ok and the boy enjoyed it.

Top Bottom