What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Octet

Veteran
It was either Lethal Weapon or Hot Fuzz as they where both on television at the same time... ended up going for Hot Fuzz :biggrin:

gbb

Legendary Member
Was it last night ?...Fantastic Mr Fox ^_^ it was freekin brilliant, i just never expected it, just started watching it as i clicked through channels.

Some of the scenes were class comedy, very english humour despite the film being american. Based on the Roald Dahl book apparently.
Its one of those films i'd watch again straight away (last film i did that was Time Bandits, i just loved it so much)

Safe House. Denzel Washington / Ryan Reynolds.

Good, fast paced film with decent actors, storyline and 'Bourne' style action.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Get Carter was on t'other night. That's 2 hours I'll never get back. Michael Caine runs like a 3 year old.
I think that his slightly fey running style is one of the film's strengths. It's the run of a man who is not prepared to stretch his expensive suit - even when he's chasing somebody with the intention of killing them.

Caine's face is the making of the film. Malevolence never looked this good before or since. The odd thing is that he simply died as an actor after this.

The conversation at the racecourse, just drips with hatred. It's one of a series of set pieces that really sets this film apart from the crowd.

Archie will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that car park is no more. Whether Luder's Tricorn at Portsmouth survives I've no idea - there was talk of listing both.

I stayed up for Venus after Get Carter. Slight, a bit pervy, but Vanessa Redgrave and Peter O'Toole are wonderful.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNzdyl4LlA

Sandra6

Veteran
Not last night, but the other day we watched The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo.
Slow start, tbh I think I missed something because it took me a while to work out who the bloke was and what he'd done (if in fact I did work it out) Good film, but not one for family viewing! (not even with the teenagers)
I figured out "the twist" long before we got to it.

Leaway2

Lycrist
Not last night, but the other day we watched The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo.
Slow start, tbh I think I missed something because it took me a while to work out who the bloke was and what he'd done (if in fact I did work it out) Good film, but not one for family viewing! (not even with the teenagers)
I figured out "the twist" long before we got to it.

Try the Swedish versions. There are 3. They are all on Virgin if you have it.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Kill Bill vol 1 for me last night... always a pleasure, never a chore. Had to stop myself from launching straight into vol 2.

pally83

Über Member
I can say that I enjoyed it more than the Stallone version, which was awful.

Just didn't do it for me, I'm afraid. The Long Good Friday it wasn't.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Get Carter. "Eric Pace" is fantastic, as are the London gangsters, especially "Peter". The architects are pretty good too.
'Oh, dear, I don't think we're going to get our fee on this one'. A few years ago I was in a friends office. They'd been working on the Landsbanki building. Landsbanki went scint. 'Did we get our final invoice paid, Juan?' 'Yes we did'. Happiness all round.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
TED

Kids wanted to see it, glad we didn't let them. 'F' me, there is alot of language in it. :wacko: Fairly funny, light entertainment. Drags in the middle. About a 'magic' teaddy bear that can talk, grows up to be an adult, parties, drugs, drugs, shennanigans with cucumbers or courgettes, and did I say more drugs.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Brave

Another good one if you like Pixar stuff and have kids. We were in Disney as the hype for the US launch was around back in June.

Oh - Madagascar 3 - funniest of them all. Saw this in the states on the day of release. I was crying with laughter. Due out here soon.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Back to Get Carter, these days anyone doing a nuddy scene like this would probably spend months in the gym toning up, Caine couldn't give a monkeys by the look of him.

Getcarter.jpg

Top Bottom