What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mustang1

Legendary Member
Johnny English

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Greatest Showman.
Different to what I expected, but quite good. Several songs that I've heard on the wireless that I didn't realise were from the film.

keithmac

Guru
Been watching a few Clint Eastwood films recently.

Pale Rider
Hang 'em High
The Outlaw Josey Wales
High Plains Drifter
Unforgiven

All very good films and he's just so cool without even trying!.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Watership down...gave up after 10 mins , just no good

It took me a while to get into it and whilst mostly enjoyable, i'd have preferred lesser known voice over artists than the very familiar voices used. I'd have also preferred the 'crash bang wallop' score to have used themes from Bright Eyes... plus the ending was a bit 'meh' ...and that song over the closing titles was dreadful. The 1978 version is better, but that's not to say this should be dismissed... it's a cracking story.

Adam4868

Guru
The Duchess, remarkably I enjoyed it.Ralph Feinnes is the master at playing a tw@t .I got woke halfway through saying that (too much food and wine)

None. My S.i.L. is staying with us for Christmas and she loves watching bloody cartoons, which I hate, so find other things to do.

Having said that, I have recorded Watership Down which I will catch up with in the New Year. The original was a great favourite of the kids and I must have sat through it a dozen times.

Top Bottom