What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The BFG (2016).
An absolute joy. Especially the whizz-popping corgis.
10/10.

Last edited:

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
"Lost Christmas" and "Bird Box"

Lost Christmas I really enjoyed and it might have to go down as a Christmas staple. Enjoyed the story, the acting, etc. The only downside is the distinct lack of Mancunian accents but you can't have everything. A solid 9/10 for me.

Bird Box was pretty blah. Really glad I didn't pay to watch in a movie theatre or paid money for it on demand as it's definitely a b-lister level kind of movie (though it did have John Malkovich in it). Having said that, I was curious to see how it ended (shouldn't have bothered mind you). A 3/10 for that alone as I was curious to see the ending.

I did get "The Third Man" on bluray as a Christmas present, so can't wait to see that!

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Cargo - with Martin Freeman. Another viral/zombie movie which I like anyway, but it had a really nice twist to it at the end. not all happy endings, and was a treat to see a small cast and not the usual American hype/bling/OTT gore. Set in Australia too which is always nice. 8/10

Bird Box (Sandra Bullock). I really enjoyed it, mostly because I like Sandra Bullock and viral outbreak type movies. I liked the way they started out with a scene from near the end, and then used the rest of the film to explain what/why they are doing the things they are doing.

postman

Legendary Member
Christopher Robin,and i thought it very good.
robin.jpg
a bit too close for comfort,i knew that feeling about being at work.

Salar

A fish out of water
A couple of films on Amaz0n:-

1. Mystic River, Sean Penn, Tim Robbins and that bloke who advertises EE. 6.5 / 10.

2. Flight with Denzil Washington. Quite liked this one, not so much about what happened to the flight, more about a pilots battle with alcoholism. 8/10

postman

Legendary Member
Not a film as such.But disc one of four.BBC adaptation of Little Dorrit.Oh it is good,costume dept and the scenery dept both top at their jobs.This is going to be a wonderful marathon viewing.I love Charles Dickens.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Not a film as such.But disc one of four.BBC adaptation of Little Dorrit.Oh it is good,costume dept and the scenery dept both top at their jobs.This is going to be a wonderful marathon viewing.I love Charles Dickens.

I quite enjoyed that when I saw it.

Drago

Legendary Member
Anchorman II.

It's rare that a sequel is better than the original, but this one raises the bar even further. If you're a fan of infantile, yet quite observational, comedy then this one is for you.

7/10.

Top Bottom