What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Mississippi One, 3 episodes, on Netbotherer. Unusual, affecting.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Goldstone
Moody, Aboriginal cop uncovering corruption and scandal deep in the Bush. Great photography and well worth a watch.
It wouldn't have taken the lead long to learn his lines
7.8/10

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Over the festive period I got to the cinema twice with the kids.

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
Really really good. Interesting story, great voice acting, and astonishing animation.
8.2341 /10

The Grinch
Expectations were low, but it's quite funny and not bad at all. Although I mainly liked the parts where he's being a d1ck to everyone!
5.369 /10

Adam4868

Guru
I ended up watching Seven last night.I almost forgot how good it was.Shame I knew the ending,but still a good film.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
The Favourite

A drama based on the relationship between Queen Anne (Olivia Coleman), Sarah Churchill the wife of the Duke of Marlborough (Rachel Weiss) and Abigail Hill (Emma Stone). Whilst highly speculative in many ways aligned witht the general thread of events and the politics and intrigues of the time (or of any time) but was above all entertaining and interating. The 3 leads were all great particularly Olivia Coleman who is one of the best actresses around yet still manages to get better and better in everythingn she's in.

Outstanding film !

Last edited:

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
The first time you watch that film, have no idea what's coming, and then you realise.
Like a physical shock - really gut-wrenching. Great film.

I spoiled it for myself, because I already worked it out

Other films I've ruined for myself in this way were Saw, The Sixth Sense and The Usual Suspects - all sussed within the first few minutes of the film

Luis Buñuel said he could predict the plot and ending of every film from the first ten minutes. His theory was apparently infallible and he applied it on premieres to annoy film producers. Unfortunately his secret died with him.

Top Bottom