What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Inbetweeners II.

Gross out teenage comedy (or a documentary if you're a male between the ages of 16 and 19), the second iteration of the spin off films. In some respects a little past it's best and many of the gags are tired. Still, not utterly without charm or moments of amusement, and Jay's prehistoric Australian Uncle is delightfully stereotypical.

5/10.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
"The house with a clock in it's walls". Yes a kiddies film, but quite good nontheless. Lots of action because it is a kids film. 8/10. Well worth watching.

Levo-Lon

Guru
I saw that today, but I am not 100% convinced by it. For one thing, the constant fast panning shots and wide angle lenses made me feel queasy. I thought Olivia Colman was good, but the other two women put her in the shade somewhat. I did enjoy it, although I thought it was a bit ... long.

I take it this was a cinema viewing?
I dont do cinema as i find the screen just too big which sometimes makes my eyes go funny.

And the constant annoyances,cost ect.
The TV clips look really good, hopefully it will be better on small screen

Levo-Lon

Guru
Stan and Ollie, wonderful, wonderful film. 10/10. Just a pity the year's best film has already been seen!

View: https://youtu.be/D2zdFwgUYBg

Hmm not sure about that..i loved laurel and Hardy, be hard to watch that and not compare

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
Dumplin' on Netflix - really rather good - uplifting and funny, if a little obvious at times. 9/10

Bird Box on Netflix - tense occasionally, but too may gaping plot/logic holes to be satisfying. 6.5/10

Eight Easy Steps to Make a Lithuanian Nature Film

By the makers of The Ancient Woods

1. Take every series, episode and programme made by David Attenbrough and jumble them up.
2. Strip them of the voice-over and music.
3. Without looking, cut out about a minute's worth of film from the middle (or the end or the beginning, it doesn't really matter as long as you don't look).
4. Throw all the clippings in the air.
5. Pick up the clippings at random and splice them together.
6. Check for unwanted traces of storyline, narrative and plot.
7. Expurgate all concept, coherence and context.
8. Play to sad gits on cold and wet Sunday afternoons.

Still, not entirely without merit (the film, not the sad git): 6 / 10.

View: https://youtu.be/Ye5sYJq_pX8

Last edited:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
No, it's well worth it, very respectful. On a big screen, but you'll leave the cinema laughing.

ETA: And despite its being a BBC Films production, it's neither hammy nor cheesy.

I was skeptical but will certainly give it a go given your and other recommendations above.

The boys are and will llikely forever remain the greatest comedy double act of all time. As a child I enjoyed the films but thought them a bit obvious. As an adult the sheer craft and immaculate timing and joy makes me realise their timeless genius. Of course these days I'm already laughing at the gag I'm about to see !

Top Bottom