What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Watched the second Fantastic Beasts yesterday, if they'd made it 20 minutes shorter it would have been a much better film, way too much unnecessary filling.

Slick

Guru
Stan & Ollie. A bit of a weak representation of an amazing subject but Steve Coogan was excellent as Stan. Probably left more unanswered questions but still worth a watch if like me you are a bit of a fan.

Drago

Legendary Member
The Sea Wolves.

Load of old tosh. Roger me Moore and Pregory Geck are very implausible action heroes. The plot is even more implausible.

2/10. Watch it solely so you can say you have seen it.

Levo-Lon

Guru
I'm not much of a film watcher, hence this being my first post in the thread...

We went to see The Favourite on Saturday night. Utter, utter sh1te!!! No story line, no pace, no humour.

The luvvies will love it then , nomination after nomination..

"Saturday Night and Sunday Morning". "....did you 'ere about that accident in the three speed shop dad"? Albert Finney knocking out 1,000 crank spindles a day at the Raleigh factory in 1960. He sounds a bit like Malcolm McDowell in "A Clockwork Orange" "bit of a pain in the gulliver mum".
Followed by "The ballad of Buster Scruggs". The first story has an unusual death inside a bar, one which had me laughing a little too much.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
A bit of an opinion divider that one.

Good cinematography but I thought the plot was very thin and it was way too long a film. Left me feeling short changed after all the hype it received.

On the other hand my daughter raved over it.
I can see your issue, but where most superhero films fill time with endless action scenes, this film leaves huge pauses and empty space to reflect the landscape and the feeling of isolation. It is what makes the film an Oscar winner imo.

Last edited:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I watched Tommy last night on Amazon prime.

It has dated badly and is very OTT, but can you imagine any of todays bands attempting to pull off such an amazing work of art? It just shows how great they were and willing to push far beyond their comfort zones.

Top Bottom