What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Currently watching 2001 A Space Odyssey

Quite possibly the greatest film ever made

I have actually spotted an error and I googled film errors etc and there was a web site that people list errors on

The error I know is not on there so I could be the only person in the world who knows

How cool is that!
It quite possibly is along with another Kubrick, Barry Lyndon, much less well known but equally as good. We need to do an 'Overooked Masterpieces' thread.
Watched 'The Dawn Wall' last night 10/10. Just don't watch it if you suffer from vertigo.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Solo: A Star Wars Movie

Yet another disappointment from Disney.
It's not a terrible film, but it's not up to the required standard. In places it looked like a Youtube fan tribute film and it left me totally unmoved.
I can only assume that Woody Harrelson and Paul Bettany got the money that should have been spent on the script.
Not surprised that it flopped at the cinema.

Solo: A Star Wars Movie

Yet another disappointment from Disney.
It's not a terrible film, but it's not up to the required standard. In places it looked like a Youtube fan tribute film and it left me totally unmoved.
I can only assume that Woody Harrelson and Paul Bettany got the money that should have been spent on the script.
Not surprised that it flopped at the cinema.
Really boring film. Why can't they make them like the first two anymore?

It quite possibly is along with another Kubrick, Barry Lyndon, much less well known but equally as good. We need to do an 'Overooked Masterpieces' thread.
Watched 'The Dawn Wall' last night 10/10. Just don't watch it if you suffer from vertigo.
For those who have never watched it "Barry Lyndon" is a good watch, very expensive Zeiss lenses to film the interior low light shots. It looks really good at a cinema. The story I love, rags, riches, misery, rags.

Adam4868

Guru
For those who have never watched it "Barry Lyndon" is a good watch, very expensive Zeiss lenses to film the interior low light shots. It looks really good at a cinema. The story I love, rags, riches, misery, rags.
I must watch that again,i remember it being a long film and not appreciating it.

Opening scene with "woman of Ireland" playing, just brilliant.
*******edit*******
Actually this may not be the opening scene at all! Time for a rewatch.

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
Watched Galaxy Quest last night. I enjoyed it so much -Alan Rickman is so good in it, his delivery of lines is fantastic ("By Grabthar's hammer...... what a savings...") For anyone who likes Star Trek (or perhaps who doesn't) this really makes fun of it. I think it is a very underrated comedy movie.

Edit: forgot to add a rating. Easy. 10/10.

Last edited:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Watched a film called Hampstead which was clearly an attempt to cash in on Notting Hill. Sadly its script was flat as piss on a plate, and as for the supposed relationship between Brendan Gleeson and Diane Keaton, all the sizzle and tension of an old tea bag dumped in the sink. All in all, pretty dire, if unoffensive. Unanything, come to think of it. 4/10, all of them for Brendan Gleeson.

Last edited:

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
They Shall Not Grow Old. Very moving, interesting, and humbling. It is quite graphic if you have any form of PTSD I'd say. I always knew WW1 was hell, but the way some of the old folk were talking about it just goes to show how patriotic and heroic some of those people were. It made me very grateful.

Top Bottom