What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Anyway....

I watched The Towering Inferno tonight. Well, it’s a bit of a giggle innit.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
2018 Death Wish with Bruce Willis. I bought it for £3 in Sainsbury’s, I was curious to see what they did with the story. I wasn’t expecting much, but I really enjoyed it, good tension build up and good direction, without the gratuitous sex violence of the awful original. It’s not a great film but it was much better than I thought it would be.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
2018 Death Wish with Bruce Willis. I bought it for £3 in Sainsbury’s, I was curious to see what they did with the story. I wasn’t expecting much, but I really enjoyed it, good tension build up and good direction, without the gratuitous sex violence of the awful original. It’s not a great film but it was much better than I thought it would be.
I was given this, but have put off watching it because I didn’t expect much from it. May find time to watch it if you’re recommending it.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Bohemian Rhapsody. Workmanlike rather than inspired - biopics tend to be that way - but it was well done, the bloke playing FM was excellent, and even as a non fan, I enjoyed it enough for a solid 7/10.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Bohemian Rhapsody. Workmanlike rather than inspired - biopics tend to be that way - but it was well done, the bloke playing FM was excellent, and even as a non fan, I enjoyed it enough for a solid 7/10.

I think the film is aimed at the non Queen fan rather then the die hard. The die hards would spend the whole film picking holes.
Myself, being the former, enjoyed it immensely for the story and subject rather then the real story of FM.

Remi Malek is a great actor. check out The Pacific boxset if you haven't seen already.

AndyRM

XOXO
Atomic Blonde - 7/10

Stylish violence (the stairwell fight in particular is a masterpiece) and an excellent soundtrack more than make up for a pretty thin plot. Charlize Theron has always been a favourite of mine, James McAvoy too and they elevate this above your standard action popcorn effort.

gbb

Legendary Member
A series of (I assume) short films on Netflix, the Black Mirror series, this episode called Nosedive.
In a near future world where your social standing is dictated by your ratings given to you in almost every social Interaction with others, people become almost Barbie like, desperate for 'likes'. Your access to housing, services, even your ' friends ' everything is dictated by your rating....and woe beside if you slip up, as happens to the woman In this short film.
But the end result is not surprising...
Can be a bit annoying, but it's meant to be to portray how shallow people can get.

AndyRM

XOXO
It (the remake) - 8/10

Normally I hate the whole remake/boot/imagining thing, but this is excellent. Genuine dread throughout, properly built scary moments and excellent cinematography.

My only real criticism is that Pennywise looks a bit polished compared to Tim Curry's truly upsetting version.

gbb

Legendary Member
A series of (I assume) short films on Netflix, the Black Mirror series, this episode called Nosedive.
In a near future world where your social standing is dictated by your ratings given to you in almost every social Interaction with others, people become almost Barbie like, desperate for 'likes'. Your access to housing, services, even your ' friends ' everything is dictated by your rating....and woe beside if you slip up, as happens to the woman In this short film.
But the end result is not surprising...
Can be a bit annoying, but it's meant to be to portray how shallow people can get.
Continuing the series, S4, E5 , Metalhead.
Post apocalypse, set in the UK, a small group of survivors find a warehouse and they have a shopping list. But the countryside has some deadly wildlife...robotic dogs, murderous, capable of tracking, killing, relentless.
The end is inevitable and the final scene was brilliant....you suddenly saw the futility, the pointlessness of their enterprise....and yet understood the human emotion that drove it.
Brilliant. (In B/W, good effect)

I sense some binge watching coming on .

Top Bottom