What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
The Family, Directed by Luc Besson , Staring Robert De Niro and some others.

Dreadful, trulyfeckinawfull.

I could not work out if it was meant to be a comedy or a thriller and by the looks of it neither could the director, and De Niro looked like he couldn’t care less.

Drago

Legendary Member
Anthropoid.

Slower than a Reliant Robin with a plug lead missing.

3/10.

AndyRM

XOXO
War for the Planet of the Apes - 9/10

Finally got around to watching this properly. What a film. On the surface, it's a fairly standard sci-fi effort, but scratch just a little beneath that and you've got a morally complex and challenging piece of cinema. Asks a lot of questions and leaves a lot up to the viewer to decide, which personally I appreciate as I hate being railroaded down an emotional path. The whole trilogy has been excellent, but this one steals the show, and I hope they don't bother with a fourth instalment, because it would be totally unnecessary.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
War for the Planet of the Apes - 9/10

Finally got around to watching this properly. What a film. On the surface, it's a fairly standard sci-fi effort, but scratch just a little beneath that and you've got a morally complex and challenging piece of cinema. Asks a lot of questions and leaves a lot up to the viewer to decide, which personally I appreciate as I hate being railroaded down an emotional path. The whole trilogy has been excellent, but this one steals the show, and I hope they don't bother with a fourth instalment, because it would be totally unnecessary.

It's "being discussed"

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
For a moment I thought you meant

"A Quiet Place"

Watched that Sunday.

Quite enjoyable and different for a low budget alien occupation film

8/10

Last edited:

iandg

Legendary Member
Anthropoid.

Slower than a Reliant Robin with a plug lead missing.

3/10.

Looked at that but decided against it and continued binge watching series 2 of 'The Man in the High Castle'

Drago

Legendary Member
Looked at that but decided against it and continued binge watching series 2 of 'The Man in the High Castle'

It should have been great, a true life tale of risk, bravery, and zapping Hitlers number 3, the only senior Nazzy to be successfully assassinated. Alas, they took a breathtaking and fascinating event and sucked all the life our of it.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
The Family, Directed by Luc Besson , Staring Robert De Niro and some others.

Dreadful, trulyfeckinawfull.

I could not work out if it was meant to be a comedy or a thriller and by the looks of it neither could the director, and De Niro looked like he couldn’t care less.
thanks for that. Besson's one of my favourite directors but he's done a few clangers... and now i know The Family is one of them :okay:

Top Bottom