What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
The Rock, Sean Connery and some others- What a load of unadulterated badly edited shite.

The Jackal, with The Willis and Richard 'I am a proper actor' Gear. I saw this years ago, it wasn't as shite as I first remember, it was only a little bit shite.

The_Card-274477218-large.jpg

Quite amusing, simple film

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Finally got round to watching Get Out, which has been on my list for a while.

Excellent film, really clever, dripping with satire, and top-drawer acting. Not really horror in the normal sense, more of a mystery with horror elements.
It gets a virtually unheard of 9/10 from me. (as perfection is impossible)

Seriously, watch it.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Finally got round to watching Get Out, which has been on my list for a while.

Excellent film, really clever, dripping with satire, and top-drawer acting. Not really horror in the normal sense, more of a mystery with horror elements.
It gets a virtually unheard of 9/10 from me. (as perfection is impossible)

Seriously, watch it.

Just had a look at the trailer, it looks good.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Hunt for the Wilderpeople - terrific movie from New Zealand, showing what you can do with a brilliant script, two great actors, and a stunning landscape. Genuinely moving, touching and laugh out loud funny. One knocked off for the occasional bit of excessive ham still leaves it with a damn respectable 9/10.

Black Panther.

Probably my favourite of all the Marvel films to date. Believeable characters helps (and I’m not talking about super powers).
Felt impelled to chuck the title in the search box and up this popped.

Saw it (or some) last night - I thought it unbelievably awful and walked half way through - it's a long long long time since I walked out of a film but I did at least save the rest of the evening. And didn't pay to see the thing.

I fail to understand why it received so much praise, oscar/s - yes a mostly black cast and some strong female characters - but not strong characters in the sense of interesting.

At least a fair few folk on imdb seem to feel the same way.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Felt impelled to chuck the title in the search box and up this popped.

Saw it (or some) last night - I thought it unbelievably awful and walked half way through - it's a long long long time since I walked out of a film but I did at least save the rest of the evening. And didn't pay to see the thing.

I fail to understand why it received so much praise, oscar/s - yes a mostly black cast and some strong female characters - but not strong characters in the sense of interesting.

At least a fair few folk on imdb seem to feel the same way.
Everyone’s different. I only compared it against other Marvel films. Cinematic masterpieces, they ain’t.

Top Bottom