What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iandg

Legendary Member
Is it getting any better? I watched the whole of series 1 and couldn't get into it.

No, it's still 'slow' and I'm not sure why I'm sticking with it, curiosity I think.

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
It should have been great, a true life tale of risk, bravery, and zapping Hitlers number 3, the only senior Nazzy to be successfully assassinated. Alas, they took a breathtaking and fascinating event and sucked all the life our of it.

There was an older version I think, made a few years ago

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
Sort of..... I started watching "Roma" on Netflix since it is highly regarded by the critics. I turned it off after suffering 30 minutes of boredom.

No, I don't want to watch someone park a car nor turn off lights in a house for 2 hours (OK, so it didn't take them that long, but it really felt like it.) I have absolutely no idea what the critics saw in it, but I think 30 mins to give it a go was long enough. I didn't realize it was Alfonso Cuaron who also directed "Gravity" (and I almost walked out of the movie theatre with that one as well!) but now it makes complete sense.

1 out of 10. The 1 is purely for sympathy -and the fact I didn't throw a shoe at the tv breaking it.

Drago

Legendary Member
Black Hawk Down.

Worth watching for the Little Bird scene alone, although the defending the chopper scene is quite startling. True story and all that. The US Army Rangers got off to a bad start that day, but once they sorted out their sheet they evened the score approximately 30:1. Boo yah!

7/10.

Last edited:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Unbreakable the other night... second viewing and still definitely one of Shyamalan's best films.
Split last night... certainly doesn't live up to Unbreakable. I'll give it... pants/10

Unbreakable the other night... second viewing and still definitely one of Shyamalan's best films.
Split last night... certainly doesn't live up to Unbreakable. I'll give it... pants/10
I quite enjoyed Split although it kept reminding me of de Palmas Raising Cain which is nudging classic territory.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I quite enjoyed Split although it kept reminding me of de Palmas Raising Cain which is nudging classic territory.
The first half reminded me of Sybil. But I found the three young women in captivity and their handling of the situation totally unconvincing. Nobody behaves like that, not even in TV land.

I'll be watching Glass before long. I hope it's a lot better.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Sort of..... I started watching "Roma" on Netflix since it is highly regarded by the critics. I turned it off after suffering 30 minutes of boredom.

No, I don't want to watch someone park a car nor turn off lights in a house for 2 hours (OK, so it didn't take them that long, but it really felt like it.) I have absolutely no idea what the critics saw in it, but I think 30 mins to give it a go was long enough. I didn't realize it was Alfonso Cuaron who also directed "Gravity" (and I almost walked out of the movie theatre with that one as well!) but now it makes complete sense.

1 out of 10. The 1 is purely for sympathy -and the fact I didn't throw a shoe at the tv breaking it.

If the critics love a film.....

Salar

A fish out of water
Watched Cycling Nomads on Amaz0n Prime.
Filmed by the riders as they tour through Europe and Asia with mishaps and mechanicals on the way with one nasty accident.
Recognisable bikes used, Surly and OnOne. Worth a watch.

Coincidentally as mentioned elsewhere on the forum A Boy A Girl and A Bike was on Talking Pictures channel 81 yesterday afternoon.
Seen some good old films on there.

Top Bottom