What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
This is Spinal Tap.
Never seen it so what the heck.
Was ready to switch it off after 35 minutes.

Its better with a few beers and a bag of weed..

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Stan & Ollie - I enjoyed it...found it very touching. Great performances all round. My wife kind of enjoyed it too. Our 19 year old daughter fell asleep.

Slick

Guru
Stan & Ollie. A bit of a weak representation of an amazing subject but Steve Coogan was excellent as Stan. Probably left more unanswered questions but still worth a watch if like me you are a bit of a fan.

Stan & Ollie - I enjoyed it...found it very touching. Great performances all round. My wife kind of enjoyed it too. Our 19 year old daughter fell asleep.

Pretty much what I thought, even what I suspected from your daughter, you really need to be a bit of a fan to really get it.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Keep me posted, Ian, I'm due to see it tomorrow with a reluctant partner!

As I said in another thread.
A lovely film. Funny and sad in equal measures. Steve Coogan was born to play Stan though John C Reilly was excellent also. The actress who played Stan's wife does a great comic turn throughout. A thoroughly enjoyable film. Well worth going to see imo.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
A lovely film. Funny and sad in equal measures. Steve Coogan was born to play Stan though John C Reilly was excellent also. The actress who played Stan's wife does a great comic turn throughout. A thoroughly enjoyable film. Well worth going to see imo.
Cheers mate, I'll blame you if it all goes Pete Tong!

Levo-Lon

Guru

Steve Coogan is a super actor.

10 / 10

If you're on the look-out for 90 minutes of loving, Kafkaesque magical surrealism starring a cemetery caretaker, Pinochet's death squads and six stranded whales, all beautifully photographed* in harsh sunlight, and let's face it who isn't?

The camera only moves four times, panning to the left when the state's goons come into the mortuary, panning left again when the caretaker finds the carnage they leave behind, zooming in ever so slightly when a whale swims through the sky and turning 90 degrees just before a cloudburst in a post office (that's always so annoying). All the other shots are static, with the actors often framed in between doorways, alleys, aisles, curtains and street furniture, which might get bloody irritating if one were to over analyze it.

Look no further:

View: https://youtu.be/X1e6OaNQ-2k

Last edited:
Top Bottom