What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
A Single Shot.

Despite a typically above average performance from Sam Rockwell there is little to recommend this slow burning thriller. Slow to the point of being turgid, and a plot clearly inspired by No Country For Old Men.

Not actually a bad film, but too run of the mill, nothing especially to recommend it.

5/10.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Whiplash. An absolute cracker. I half-remember the hoo-hah when it came out...had it down as one to go see but never quite got round to it. Well for once it really lives up to the hype. Mesmerising performances, a razor-sharp script, genuine ethical issues intelligently addressed, with balance, and one helluva finale. 9/10. At least.

gbb

Legendary Member
Genesis...on Netflix.

:dry:. Well...its ok, just about ok, but you know when they try too hard, its overacted...too many long, supposedly meaningful stares Into nothing, overly projected talk, to much bravado etc etc etc, just overdone.

Post apocalyptic scenario, survival in a small group underground, leaders treat others with disrespect, distaste....ah sod it I watched it, it was just ok, just.

PaulB

Legendary Member
We went the pictures to see Stan and Ollie and I have to say this is the best film I've seen this year! Actually, it's the best film I've seen for about two years. Steve Coogan actually becomes Stan Laurel; it's impossible to tell where Laurel ends and Coogan begins. He's deservedly up for a (bowler) hat full of awards for his performance in this. I'd recommend this film to anyone who likes films and out of ten - where six is the highest score - I unreservedly give it my highest possible 6/10.

Drago

Legendary Member
Blood Diamond.

Not an especially exciting film, although I've seen a lot worse. No, it's the superb and realistic weapons handling and drills that mark this one out. Arnold Vosloo being as creepy and dodgy as ever.

6/10.

How've you already seen that? We're looking forward to going to see it and were disappointed they put back the original release date.

Sorry for the delay but I've been away for a bit. I live in Holland and films tend to get released a bit earlier here than in the UK.

Free Solo. As someone who really is not good with heights, it was pretty gripping.

[media]

]View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urRVZ4SW7WU[/media]

Gripping?! Had me gripping my buttocks for 100 minutes!

[QUOTE 5500306, member: 9609"]The Revenant

just brilliant 9/10
[/QUOTE]
Yes, I enjoyed it very much and coincidentally it was a toss up between that and Leaves of Grass last night. I'll save the Revenant for another night before the winter is done. It seems like a film that should be watched in the winter.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
[QUOTE 5500306, member: 9609"]The Revenant

just brilliant 9/10
[/QUOTE]

Yes, I enjoyed it very much and coincidentally it was a toss up between that and Leaves of Grass last night. I'll save the Revenant for another night before the winter is done. It seems like a film that should be watched in the winter.

A bit of an opinion divider that one.

Good cinematography but I thought the plot was very thin and it was way too long a film. Left me feeling short changed after all the hype it received.

On the other hand my daughter raved over it.

Top Bottom