What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
We'd been hoping to see a middle of the night showing of 28 Days Later, but the cinema hadn't put their clocks back so we arrived an hour into the film. Frustrating, but they were decent about it and gave us a refund.

Watched it on DVD when we got home anyway. Remains one of the greatest zombie (yes, I know they aren't really) films ever made. And what a soundtrack.
it's a great film until the end when it starts to get silly... 28 Weeks Later I thoroughly enjoyed, and hope there's going to be a 28 Months or 28 Years Later, but I won't hold my breath.

MontyVeda

The Downey jr/Jude Law film?
Yes, good fun!
Probably the more recent one with Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly

AndyRM

XOXO
it's a great film until the end when it starts to get silly... 28 Weeks Later I thoroughly enjoyed, and hope there's going to be a 28 Months or 28 Years Later, but I won't hold my breath.

I'm sure I read earlier this year that Boyle and Garland are working on the story for a third.

Drago

Legendary Member
Guns at Batasi.

A 1964 black and white flick, inspired by the slowly receding grip on the british empire. A simple but very tense film, with a smouldering performance from Dickie Attenborough as the RSM trying to hold off the inevitable by sheer force of personality and damn near succeeding. Still a good watch today, well worth sitting down with a cuppa and a couple of hob bobs and letting yourself get drawn into this one.

8/10.

Joker. Brilliant film worthy of an Oscar or two.

Terminator Dark Fate. Aweful. A rehash of T1 and T2 with a strong feminist slant. Some of the action scenes were ok though.

stephec

Legendary Member
As a change from the recent guns and action I decided to go a bit more heavyweight with Mississippi Burning.

Even though it's all there in the history books it's still a bit hard to believe what you're watching, at least it wouldn't happen again now that Trump's going to make America great again.

The Shawshank Redemption...could it be the best of all? Its got all the ingredients, but not the artyness of Raging Bull or even Jaws. Never get bored of the last 10 minutes when Morgan Freeman sets off to meet Andy :okay:

Adam4868

Guru
Went to see the Joker with my kids the other night,great film and a lot darker than I thought.Pretty violent too ! Joaquin Phoenix was brilliant in it.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
The new terminator film - I thought it rather good.
It's a terminator film so it broadly follows the standard story, rather than anything too clever or new, but I enjoyed it. Linda Hamilton in particular really dominates all the scenes she's in and is terrific.

MontyVeda

ANNA... Luc Besson's latest remake of Nikita, but with more bleach, more guns, more killing and more stockings. I enjoyed it for all its daftness. I'd have enjoyed it more if the fight choreography wasn't quite so blatantly choreographed. Not one of Besson's best films but certainly not his worst. 6.7/10

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Went to see the Joker with my kids the other night,great film and a lot darker than I thought.Pretty violent too ! Joaquin Phoenix was brilliant in it.
I can't wait to see this!

ANNA... Luc Besson's latest remake of Nikita, but with more bleach, more guns, more killing and more stockings. I enjoyed it for all its daftness. I'd have enjoyed it more if the fight choreography wasn't quite so blatantly choreographed. Not one of Besson's best films but certainly not his worst. 6.7/10
I didn't realise he had remade it again. I love the original French version with Anne Parillaud, the TV version La Femme Nikita with Peta Wilson wasn't bad. Gabriel Byrne was good in the American remake (The Point of No Return aka The Assassin) with Bridget Fonda, and I still haven't watched the TV remake with Maggie Q.

I'll watch the new film although now I know it's a remake, it'll be very hard not to compare it with the other versions.

MontyVeda

I didn't realise he had remade it again. I love the original French version with Anne Parillaud, the TV version La Femme Nikita with Peta Wilson wasn't bad. Gabriel Byrne was good in the American remake (The Point of No Return aka The Assassin) with Bridget Fonda, and I still haven't watched the TV remake with Maggie Q.

I'll watch the new film although now I know it's a remake, it'll be very hard not to compare it with the other versions.
I'm calling it a remake flippantly... it's just yet another of his woman with a gun films. :gun:

Top Bottom