What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
Dad's Army.

It's too, could have been worse, but they clearly struggled stretching the 25 minute sitcom thing into a feature film.

5/10.

As someone who's never really been interested in the series I quite liked this as a standalone film.

I can just imagine a mob of fans marching down our road with pitchforks and burning torches as I type. :smile:

The Addams Family:notworthy:
On Sunday afternoon

The Raul Julia/Anjelica Houston re-make (first one)
Damned good fun!!

johnblack

Über Member
Better Watch Out - a trashy Christmas thriller for the youth on Sky. The kids chose it to watch after seeing the trailer.

The trailer makes you think the films is going to go one way then the film gives you a bit of a surprise. Don't get me wrong it wasn't great, but it was a fairly decent way to spend a wet Saturday afternoon.

AuroraSaab

Veteran
I watched the Dad's Army film too. Wasn't sure what to expect, but thought it was quite disappointing.

Watched my first crappy, cheesy Christmas film on Christmas 24 today. The perky one out of Sex in the City dies, becomes an angel, and gets off with the bloke out of Will and Grace. Turns out she was only in a coma. There you go, I've saved you the torment of watching it.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Terminator: Dark Fate (2019)

I was excited to see Linda Hamilton back as Sarah Connor, and of course Arnie (I would watch anything with him in to be honest). Storyline was typically terminator-ish and slightly confusing in places. I don't want to reveal any spoilers, but I thought the bad guy terminator was too much. I liked it though, possibly my 4th favourite after T1, T2 and Genisys

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
ANNA... Luc Besson's latest remake of Nikita, but with more bleach, more guns, more killing and more stockings. I enjoyed it for all its daftness. I'd have enjoyed it more if the fight choreography wasn't quite so blatantly choreographed. Not one of Besson's best films but certainly not his worst. 6.7/10
I'm calling it a remake flippantly... it's just yet another of his woman with a gun films. :gun:
Watched ANNA last night. It is the same story as Nikita. Still a good film though, enjoyed it.

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
"Parasite" (https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/parasite_2019).

This is a South Korean film with sub titles (which may put some people off, it doesn't me). I saw this at my local owned cinema -they tend to show more "artsy" or foreign films. After reading some reviews, I was really looking forward to this one! Alas, maybe the elevated expectations didn't help but this is a solid 7 out of 10 for me. Not a bad film but certainly not a great film either.

On the good side, this was well acted and an interesting story (with dark undertones) and halfway through an interesting twist comes to light. It's also always nice to see a bit of film making from a different culture. However, I had two criticisms (I don't think there are any spoilers here):

First, you know when you think a film maker has a really good idea, but then changes their mind? That's what I got with this film -but unfortunately I felt like some of the good ideas that were first thought of weren't completely removed, so you were left with some details that just didn't make sense, or left you feeling there was some sort of premise just hanging in mid air and left unfulfilled.

Secondly..... I really felt like this film could have been shortened by a third, or even as much as 50%. I had a feeling the setup was drawn out, and some scenes just seemed, well, completely superfluous. Add in a drawn out ending (it could have ended at least 15 minutes before it did!) and I was finding myself just looking forward to it ending, which a great film should never do.

So yeah, a 7/10. Worth seeing as a rental but not sure it's worth paying for tickets.

Top Bottom