What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Two Hitchcocks. The Birds and Rear Window, the latter has the better acting imo but both still very watchable :okay:

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
The Da Vinci Code.

Even the Smart car chase scene could redeem this tripe. Do they even know how much a Smart car wing mirror costs? Even Tom Hanks' toupee seemed to want to make a bolt for freedom.

-5/10. It actually sucked the life force out of me.
You should(n’t) read the book, it’s worse. Apparently when he got in the Smart he ‘gunned’ the engine.

Off work ill, so sofa, lemsip and .....

Vertigo

benb

Evidence based cyclist
I can never decide on my favourite Hitchcock film.
My top 4 are:

Vertigo
North by North West
The 39 Steps
Rear Window

But don't ask me to put them in order!

Saboteur is well worth a watch too, and Touch of Evil has some wonderful shots.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
How could I forget Strangers on a Train? Classic!

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I can never decide on my favourite Hitchcock film.
My top 4 are:

Vertigo
North by North West
The 39 Steps
Rear Window

But don't ask me to put them in order!

Saboteur is well worth a watch too, and Touch of Evil has some wonderful shots.

"Touch of Evil" was directed by Orson Welles, as well as him being in it. It has Welles typical flashiness (and brilliance !) as well as his superb playing of the villain - an outstanding film

benb

Evidence based cyclist
"Touch of Evil" was directed by Orson Welles, as well as him being in it. It has Welles typical flashiness (and brilliance !) as well as his superb playing of the villain - an outstanding film

So it was. I knew that really, no idea how I got it muddled in with Hitchcock.

AuroraSaab

Veteran
I watched The Good Liar at the cinema yesterday. Helen Mirren and Ian McKellen drama/thriller. Quite good, bit of a twist at the end. Acting better than the story. I'm not sure Helen Mirren would fancy Ian McKellen tbh, especially as he looks loads older than her - you have to suspend disbelief for that bit. One character drives a classic Saab 900 so that was a bonus.

Top Bottom