What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Last night was time to watch the much anticipated Joker with Joaquin Phoenix.

As someone who much prefers DC over Marvel, I was looking forward to this. And while it is a good film, it has very, very little to do with Batman or the Joker character. The film is about a mentally unstable man and his descent into homicidal madness. Take out the odd reference to the Batman universe (the two seconds of Thomas Wayne and Bruce Wayne, the Joker name, the city that happens to be called Gotham), and this could be a stand alone film based anywhere with different character names.

If you go into this expecting the Batman Universe, you will be disappointed. I watched Joker in two sittings due to time, the first 50 minutes then the remainder. I did consider not bothering with the second half, but I’m glad I did for the last half hour alone - I won’t say more in case you have yet to watch it.

Die-hard Batman fans, beware. This film is not for you.

Daughter wants to go see 'Cats'

I'm not sure if this is partly due to the fact, that at junior School, we built a lamp-post (carpet roll/centre)
Stuck a torch in the top, with a wok lid

Made her a Grizabelle costume from 'fun-fir', & she sang 'Memories'

I had it for ages, transferred onto a CD-ROM
Sadly, I have no idea where it is now:cursing:

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
I don't know why, but I watched "Groundhog Day" (again). I think I have a soft spot for this film. Definitely a 10 out of 10 for me, but know other people might not think so. I'm not a big Bill Murray fan at all, and I generally don't think much of his films (I assume its the US sense of humour) but this one hits all the right spots for me. Usually I'll wait until February 2nd to watch it, but I couldn't resist.

I now have an incredible urge to walk in Woodstock Square, Woodstock, Illinois and call out "Ned.... Ned Ryerson?" and stay at the Cherry Tree Inn Bed and Breakfast and peek out of the window and expect a snow filled street.... My wife says she is up to it so long as we stay in Chicago for a bit . It's only a 50 mile drive from O'Hare.... :smile:

Globalti

Legendary Member
On TV we watched Mrs Brown. Fantastic lead actors but somehow it didn't have the same impact as when I first saw it at the cinema.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Paint your waggon and Phenomenon, still watching

stephec

Legendary Member
I'm part way through a series on Netflix called Spy, with Sacha Baren Cohen.

Based on a true story of a Mossad spy in Syria in the early sixties, not bad so far.

gbb

Legendary Member
Having watched all 5 series of Breaking Bad this last month or so I naturally moved onto the movie El Camino.
It was good, but not as good (imo) as the series it was based on.
Maybe because Breaking Bad was quite expansive in its storylines while El Camino was naturally more focused on one event, Jesse's escape from the past.
Even the end seemed an anticlimax but then that was probably deliberate and meaningful, after the Insane world he had just left behind, perhaps it was fitting.
Excellent acting, filming and panoramas, the US and Canadian scenery beautifully portrayed at times.

Top Bottom