What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
I'm Gonna Git You Sucka.

Seriously that's the correct spelling, a parody of blaxploitation films starring Antonio Fargas and Issac Hayes.

A young man arrives home to find his brother has og'd, that's overdosed on gold chains, and now he wants revenge on Mr Big.

It's actually better than it sounds if you like juvenile comedy, 6/10.

Your name. Wormholes, time travel, interstellar threats, fading memories and body swapping in Japanese sliding-door anime stylee. Wonderful stuff. The trailer doesn't do it justice, neither would a mark out of ten.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU47nhruN-Q

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I'm Gonna Git You Sucka.

Seriously that's the correct spelling, a parody of blaxploitation films starring Antonio Fargas and Issac Hayes.

A young man arrives home to find his brother has og'd, that's overdosed on gold chains, and now he wants revenge on Mr Big.

It's actually better than it sounds if you like juvenile comedy, 6/10.

Have you seen "Black Dynamite"? Again an affectionate parody of blaxploitation films. There's a particularly brilliant scene where during a fight one of the villains is thrown through a window, but when he gets up of the street outside has been replaced by a different actor. Unless you're paying attention you'd miss it. It's fun but not really a classic so also a 6/10 overall.

Hint - the final kung fu scene is brilliant and is the most crazy twist in any movie I can think of so worth persevering to the end.

stephec

Legendary Member
Have you seen "Black Dynamite"? Again an affectionate parody of blaxploitation films. There's a particularly brilliant scene where during a fight one of the villains is thrown through a window, but when he gets up of the street outside has been replaced by a different actor. Unless you're paying attention you'd miss it. It's fun but not really a classic so also a 6/10 overall.

Hint - the final kung fu scene is brilliant and is the most crazy twist in any movie I can think of so worth persevering to the end.
That was on Netflix a couple of years ago, I thought it was hilarious. ^_^

Profpointy

Legendary Member
"Death of Stalin" - a superior drama around the dark but also somewhat farcical manoeuvres and scheming leading up to and following Stalin's death. Whilst it is written by Armando Ianucci and has a largely comedy cast it conveys the dark horror of that time and place as well as the absurdities.

Recommended 8/10 (at the very least)

Drago

Legendary Member
The Commuter.

A dreadful film with ?Hollywood's most implausible hard man. Sitting on a train watching a real commuter eat a sandwich or scratch their butt would be more interesting.

3/10.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
"Death of Stalin" - a superior drama around the dark but also somewhat farcical manoeuvres and scheming leading up to and following Stalin's death. Whilst it is written by Armando Ianucci and has a largely comedy cast it conveys the dark horror of that time and place as well as the absurdities.

Recommended 8/10 (at the very least)
Great film. It’s worth watching twice to pick up on the stuff you may miss first time.

The Commuter.

A dreadful film with ?Hollywood's most implausible hard man. Sitting on a train watching a real commuter eat a sandwich or scratch their butt would be more interesting.

3/10.
I love it when Liam Neeson stretches his acting wings to play a definitely straight family man with a secret special forces background who solves problems by shooting them. As one of Hollywood's most prominent anti gun activists it is vital that he understands the problem...and shoots it.

sheddy

Legendary Member
Die Hard
Followed by Netflix 'the movies that made us' explaining why the studio was contractually obliged to offer the lead part to Frank Sinatra, that Bruce Willis was only known for playing romantic comedy, and that Alan Rickman's terror on falling off the building was for real.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom - I know, I know...but it was fun! Followed by Victoria and Abdul - a rerun of Mrs Brown featuring an Indian rather than Billy Connolly, and consequently not as good, but still a perfectly acceptable couple of hours' entertainment. Starts with the mischievous words "Based on real events... mostly" - which means you spend quite a lot of time wondering how much is true and how much made up. Quite a lot would be my guess.

Eziemnaik

Über Member
First 20min of the Temple is perhaps the finest 20min of action cinema ever, poison, musical, diamonds, gongs, fights, panic, humor, car chase, parachuting it is like Spielberg threw every single idea he had and it worked^_^ Shame movie doesnt hold this up

Top Bottom