What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

figbat

Slippery scientist
Cinema night last night for the kids - Ralph Breaks the Internet. Some laugh-out-loud moments, clever story with a little educational content about how the internet can be used and abused, overall not a bad sequel and something for everyone. Lots of cross-references to other movies and online content, both overt and in the background.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Sexy Beast.
A classic. Theres not many a more menacing potrayal on film than Ben Kingsley's Don Logan.

"Death of Stalin" - a superior drama around the dark but also somewhat farcical manoeuvres and scheming leading up to and following Stalin's death. Whilst it is written by Armando Ianucci and has a largely comedy cast it conveys the dark horror of that time and place as well as the absurdities.

Recommended 8/10 (at the very least)
yes - excellent - saw it a while ago - someone from a left film club i subscribe to was complaining at them showing it - claiming I think that it was reactionary or something - not sure on what basis.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
The Commuter

A dreadful film with ?Hollywood's most implausible hard man. Sitting on a train watching a real commuter eat a sandwich or scratch their butt would be more interesting.

3/10.
Glad it's not just me who finds Neeson totally unconvincing in his hardman roles.
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom - I know, I know...but it was fun! ...
First 20min of the Temple is perhaps the finest 20min of action cinema ever, poison, musical, diamonds, gongs, fights, panic, humor, car chase, parachuting it is like Spielberg threw every single idea he had and it worked^_^ Shame movie doesnt hold this up

Temple of Doom certainly has its moments but it's by far the weakest film in the trilogy*. Coincidentally, a few days ago I stumbled across an old Horizon from 1985 titled How to Film the Impossible, a doc about the Industrial Light & Magic studio which details the creation of the legendary minecart scene. Well worth a watch if you like that sort of thing (link to video)... shame the definition isn't higher.

*I say trilogy because Legend of the Crystal Skull was such a huge disappointment that I refuse to acknowledge its existence.

Drago

Legendary Member
Interstellar.

Not a bad film, and notable for the rather delicious Anne Hathaway. however, it's ruined by Matthew McConaghay mumbling his lines through the whole movie so you have to concentrate really hard to hear what he's saying, and that absolutely ruins what should be a very decent fillum.

5/10.

Eziemnaik

Über Member
You can also see Lucas and Spielberg just around the time Indiana gets into the car

midlife

Guru
Watching it last night did they cut out the bit at the club where Indy impales one of the Lau Che thugs with a couple of kebab skewers?

'Django Unchained', which follows the Tarrantino roster I have watched in the past week. I know its very subjective, but movie-making at its best for me.
Also snuck in the new Spiderman on the way. Crap.
Last night, 'Whitney, Can I Be Me', really good Nick Broomfield doc on Netflix.

So now i have got TV brain-fry, the antedote is currently reading Mary Shelleys Frankenstein written in 1818! Happy Easter one and all :okay:

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
I've watched the 2013 'new generation' production of 'Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds' with Liam Neeson as the narrator and also starring Marty Pellow and Jason Donovan. Absolutely fantastic production. The musicians second to none.

My favourite album recorded live on stage. The only way it could get better is if I was in the audience during the live production.

Interstellar.

Not a bad film, and notable for the rather delicious Anne Hathaway. however, it's ruined by Matthew McConaghay mumbling his lines through the whole movie so you have to concentrate really hard to hear what he's saying, and that absolutely ruins what should be a very decent fillum.

5/10.

All of the speech was hard to understand.

Top Bottom