What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Eziemnaik

Über Member
The year of living dangerously - young Mel before he was Jew hating Alco was a bona fide good actor, he hooks up with hot Sigourney, gets friendly with a transsexual midget, suffers light abuse at the hand of his colonial masters. Movie set in Indonesia during the begining of Suharto dictatorship is indeed more subtle and better than previous Weir - Gibson collaboration Gallipoli 4/5

View: https://youtu.be/PtK1XdMsANs

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Premium Rush.

Thought it might be worth watching because it had bicycles in it, but I was wrong. It makes Stop Or My Mom Will Shoot appear positively Shakespearean.

0.0002341583/10.

I've not seen the film but the remarkable precision in your rating out of ten does inspire trust. I think I just might give the film the swerve

AndyRM

XOXO
3 From Hell - 7/10

Finally got to see this, and it didn't disappoint. It likely will if you're not a Rob Zombie fan, as it treads familiar ground, both in the context of the Firefly family saga, and horror movie tropes in general. That said, he knows his stuff and the whole trilogy has been almost a love letter to horror which I'm fully on board with.

I had hoped for a more final ending, and a bit more Sid Haig (RIP) but those are minor complaints about what is weirdly the most laid back film he's made, which sounds odd given how brutal it is, but compared to House of 1000 Corpses it's a walk in the park.

Eziemnaik

Über Member
Sorcerer - Friedkin's failure, movie which arguably closed the best period in Hollywood, remake of another classic , tormented production, one of the manliest, most muscular movies ever, superior to the original, better than French connection or The Exorcist, plus incredible score, my top 10 all-time, 5/5

View: https://youtu.be/3BDbIzovuos

figbat

Slippery scientist
Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle last night. Very enjoyable, good fun, nicely done.
Jumanji: The Next Level tonight. Pretty much more of the same, not as novel as the first but it kept the kids quiet.

Eziemnaik

Über Member
Can't think of another movie that is as intense as this one...
Maybe Uncut Gems...or Good Times come close...if you enjoyed Sorcerer watch these

Adam4868

Guru
Can't think of another movie that is as intense as this one...
Maybe Uncut Gems...or Good Times come close...if you enjoyed Sorcerer watch these
Watched Uncut Gems with my kids,as much as it was ok...and not giving the ending or anything away I wouldn't say tense ?
Which got me thinking...The Conversation with Gene Hackman,Cape Fear both the original and remake,there's too many !

Eziemnaik

Über Member
Watched Uncut Gems with my kids,as much as it was ok...and not giving the ending or anything away I wouldn't say tense ?
Which got me thinking...The Conversation with Gene Hackman,Cape Fear both the original and remake,there's too many !
How about Heat, Michael's Mann remake of LA Takedown by...Michael Mann:laugh:
Or Funny Games remade scene by scene by Haneke into an american version

Eziemnaik

Über Member
Memories of Murder - first movie of Bong Joon, most recent oscar winner, and also his best. Based on real murders the story follows incompetent police department as it tries to solve brutal rapes and murders in hinterland of South Korea. Set during the upheaval of dictatorship is just as good a police procedure flick as social commentatory - a trait most of the movies of the director share. It is also one of the funniest movies I have ever seen - even if the humor is very black.

View: https://youtu.be/JnFE0k_1GaE

Top Bottom