What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Eziemnaik

Über Member
Before the devil knows you are dead - Lumet's swansong is a great movie. Seymour Hoffman and Ethan Hawke play extremely unlikeable brothers involved in a hit on family's business. Very tight direction and editing, nicely overexposed shots giving it a vibe of near nightmare, qnd a Greek tragedy in a middle of it all. Oh and Marisa Tomei is A-OK:okay:

View: https://youtu.be/8Jhrxn7QVDc

5/5

AndyRM

XOXO
Hmmm. ... <googles> ...

I hope you like Ray Winstone, 50 Cent, Mickey Rourke and Jason Statham. I think I know what kind of remake you've been watching ...

I couldn't find the remake in the end, which is probably for the best. As it happens I like all of them, 50 Cent probably the least, but the first few series of Power were very good.

Adam4868

Guru
Before the devil knows you are dead - Lumet's swansong is a great movie. Seymour Hoffman and Ethan Hawke play extremely unlikeable brothers involved in a hit on family's business. Very tight direction and editing, nicely overexposed shots giving it a vibe of near nightmare, qnd a Greek tragedy in a middle of it all. Oh and Marisa Tomei is A-OK:okay:

View: https://youtu.be/8Jhrxn7QVDc

5/5

Recently watched The Master for the second/third time.I think it's a brilliant film if you haven't seen it.Philip Seymour Hoffman, Joaquin Phoenix and Amy Adams make it a great watch.Roughly based on Scientology...but beautifully filmed.

AndyRM

XOXO
Love and Monsters - 6.5/10

I enjoyed this, but it's a weird feeling film that never really seems to create any sense of peril, which is fine I suppose but it's a very family friendly monster flick which is a bit odd. Visually it's incredible (especially given its fairly modest budget), and the lead actor is excellent, but ultimately it's not one I'd be rushing back to see unless I wanted a bit of brain popcorn.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Guardians of the Galaxy 2.
Haven't seen the original, straight to sequel. Thin plot, mainly threading CGI-fest action sequences together and mystified as to why Vim Diesel gets a load of credit just for the running gag of saying 'I am Groot' all the time but hey, that's Hollywood. Humour is in good fun though, enjoyed a surprise cameo by 80's action star, obligatory Stan Lee cameo. Couldn't help but think that this is what the god-awful Hitch Hikers Guide movie should have been like.

AndyRM

XOXO
Overlord - 8/10

An absolute hoot. Splenidly gory and incredibly violent, Everything a B Movie should be.

I spent some time waiting to hear one of the main characters ask for a smoke, then when the credits rolled realised he was Kurt Russel's son.

Cruella.
Totally not what I'd expected when I first heard about it. 9/10

It's unusual in many ways; the two main characters are somewhat deranged brilliant females, with a supporting cast of numerous men putting in understated - and in some cases hilarious - performances. They are all key to the film's success.

It probably works best if - like me - you have a vague recollection of the story Cruella first appeared in, but don't expect this to be anything like that story!

CharlesF

Guru
I’ve only just realised this thread was missing from my life! It’s great and I have watched a couple of the recommendations.

One request, please can you include the streaming service you used? Netflix, Prime, etc. the list grows each week.:thanks:

Eziemnaik

Über Member
True Lies - despite somewhat tired rhetoric of baaaaad middle Eastern terrorists (especially after 20 years of war on terror) it is firmly behind Predator, Terminator and True Recall in my unofficial list of best Arnold movies. James Cameron knows how to direct an action scene like nobody else - bathroom shootout!!! Fantastic intro borrowing heavily from James Bond and awesome one liners from Arnie. Underappreciated classic - 5/5

figbat

Slippery scientist
True Lies - despite somewhat tired rhetoric of baaaaad middle Eastern terrorists (especially after 20 years of war on terror) it is firmly behind Predator, Terminator and True Recall in my unofficial list of best Arnold movies. James Cameron knows how to direct an action scene like nobody else - bathroom shootout!!! Fantastic intro borrowing heavily from James Bond and awesome one liners from Arnie. Underappreciated classic - 5/5
Add in Jamie-Lee Curtis in a mark 1 Honda CRX and there’s near movie perfection.

Top Bottom