What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Eziemnaik

Über Member
True Romance - pure awesomeness, from wigger Gary Oldman to Tony Soprano playing Tony Soprano, this is a great movie. Tarantino understands pop culture like no one else and it shows here. 5/5

View: https://youtu.be/PcZCGMCDzbU

One of the greatest scenes ever:okay:

Thought I'd give 'The Eagle Has Landed' (1976) a go. Main attraction, apart from Jenny Agutter, was that much of it was filmed in the small village of Mapledurham, just outside Reading. I visit the village regularly when back there, it being en route along one of my favourite cycling jaunts. Thought the movie was dire, unbelievably bad, and gave up about half way through. Even Micheal Caine seemed like he was just plodding along for the money. He played a German colonel, who happened to be educated in England, so he could do it all speaking as Michael Caine - bet he couldn't believe his luck when he read the script.

Oh well, at least I can still look forward to my next visit to Mapledurham, back to being a sleepy village as intended.

stephec

Legendary Member
Thought I'd give 'The Eagle Has Landed' (1976) a go. Main attraction, apart from Jenny Agutter, was that much of it was filmed in the small village of Mapledurham, just outside Reading. I visit the village regularly when back there, it being en route along one of my favourite cycling jaunts. Thought the movie was dire, unbelievably bad, and gave up about half way through. Even Micheal Caine seemed like he was just plodding along for the money. He played a German colonel, who happened to be educated in England, so he could do it all speaking as Michael Caine - bet he couldn't believe his luck when he read the script.

Oh well, at least I can still look forward to my next visit to Mapledurham, back to being a sleepy village as intended.
It's a classic, I've lost count of the number of times I've seen it.

We even went to a 1940s weekend in Mapledurham a few years ago on the strength of the film.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll

Went the Day Well is far far better... If Higgin's claims he hadn't seen it before writing The Eagle Has Landed, I don't believe him!

AuroraSaab

Veteran
Saw Suicide Squad at the pictures. Good bit of escapism, but pretty gory for a 15 cert.

Black Widow is a better film, really action packed with good acting. It's not really like a Marvel film, more like a Bond film or a Bourne outing, with great fights and stunts.

AndyRM

XOXO
True Romance - pure awesomeness, from wigger Gary Oldman to Tony Soprano playing Tony Soprano, this is a great movie. Tarantino understands pop culture like no one else and it shows here. 5/5

View: https://youtu.be/PcZCGMCDzbU

One of the greatest scenes ever:okay:

One of a few films I will never tire of watching, but as I've said many times I'm really glad Tarantino didn't direct it.

AndyRM

XOXO
Raw - 9/10

A cracking body horror elevated beyond the usual fare you get in this genre by outstanding practical effects, stellar performances, engaging cinematography and a touching, if twisted premise.

Not for the faint of heart, but if intelligent horror films are your thing, you won't be disappointed.

Eziemnaik

Über Member
One of a few films I will never tire of watching, but as I've said many times I'm really glad Tarantino didn't direct it.
Elaborate, please:okay:

Eziemnaik

Über Member
He'd have fannied about with all sorts of stupid flashbacks and cutaways, ruining the pace the film. See also From Dusk till Dawn.

Don't get me wrong, I like (most) Tarantino, but some of his quirks irritate the life out of me.
I see what you mean...on a similar note I would love to see NBK directed by someone else than Stone, maybe Tony Scott again?

AndyRM

XOXO
I see what you mean...on a similar note I would love to see NBK directed by someone else than Stone, maybe Tony Scott again?

That'd be tricky...

I like Natural Born Killers, though that's largely because it has an amazing soundtrack and I have a thing for pretty much all the leads in it.

Top Bottom