What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Lol....have to ask what were you expecting ?
More nuns and choirs of children?

:smile:

stephec

Legendary Member
Eddie the Eagle.

I hate it when the phrase, 'based on a true story,' pops up at the start of a film, just stick to the facts or don't bother.

Despite that I still enjoyed it for all the sickly sweetness, 6/10.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I didn't know who it was at first, had to look at the credits after it finished, he does make him a really likeable character.

Also played Elton John in Rocket Man which is well worth a watch

stephec

Legendary Member
Theatre of Blood (1973)

Vincent Price gives one of his gloriously camp performances as an actor who commits suicide after, in his opinion, being overlooked for a critic's award for his Shakespeare performances.

Saved from death by a bunch of winos he sets out to murder the critics by following the death scenes of Shakespeare assisted by his daughter Diana Rigg.

Well worth a watch if you have Amazon Prime, 7/10.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Theatre of Blood (1973)

Vincent Price gives one of his gloriously camp performances as an actor who commits suicide after, in his opinion, being overlooked for a critic's award for his Shakespeare performances.

Saved from death by a bunch of winos he sets out to murder the critics by following the death scenes of Shakespeare assisted by his daughter Diana Rigg.

Well worth a watch if you have Amazon Prime, 7/10.

A brilliant film, quite apart from Price more or less sending himself up, and the already mentioned Diana Rigg, the cast is all the top talent of the day. Particularly like the choice of some of the more obscure plays like Titus Andronicus for some of the murders. I think I'd give it 9/10 albeit at the risk of being a bit carried away

Panfilov's 28 Men

Rollicking ww2 action movie about a small unit of Red Army troops holding the line outside Moscow in winter of 1941 and defeating massed German armour.
The story became a staple of Soviet propoganda during The Great Patriotic War and throughout Soviet times. even though it was completely made up. It is still regarded as a sacred tale of heroism.
Recently the head of Russian Archives was sacked by Minister of Culture for suggesting that there was no evidence that the event was factual.

AuroraSaab

Veteran
Theatre of Blood (1973)

Vincent Price gives one of his gloriously camp performances as an actor ....

Great film. Vincent Price was such a good actor. I remember seeing him on Parkinson as a child reciting a Wilde poem. Wonderful voice. I loved Diana Rigg too - fabulous in the Avengers and went on to be a fine stage actor.

I went to see Jungle Cruise at the cinema. Actually saw it twice, with a friend first on Friday, then with the family last night. It's good fun - Indiana Jones meets Pirates of the Caribbean.

Top Bottom