What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
I like Danny Dyer. Human Traffic, Football Factory, Severance, The Business and Straightheads are all really good. I also think it's very funny that he called his daughter Dani.

Anyway.

Went to see the new Candyman 6-10

Kind of batters you over the head with the racial aspect of things which isn't a problem. There are some very neat nods to the original (which I think is better), but it does reinvent the story in a pretty cool way.

Eziemnaik

Über Member
I like Danny Dyer. Human Traffic, Football Factory, Severance, The Business and Straightheads are all really good. I also think it's very funny that he called his daughter Dani.

Anyway.

Went to see the new Candyman 6-10

Kind of batters you over the head with the racial aspect of things which isn't a problem. There are some very neat nods to the original (which I think is better), but it does reinvent the story in a pretty cool way.
Danny Dyer can only play Danny Dyer (same as Statham can only play Statham or Arnie can only play Arnie) which doesn't stop him from being very entertaining. My favourite movie of his is Goodbye Charlie Bright - criminally underrated coming of age story set in council estate.

stephec

Legendary Member
Statham is good fun, all those sorts of actors are enjoyable. You just need to accept them for what they do.
I like the way he does take himself too seriously, you can almost see him thinking, 'I know this is over the top nonsense, but at least it's a good laugh,' as he knocks out five bad guys in another carefully choreographed fight. 😂

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Once Upon a Time … In Hollywood

Unusually, it was chosen by my wife who isn’t normally one to watch a Tarantino movie (with the exception of Pulp Fiction). I’m struggling to find adequate words to describe it but I think ‘dire’ sums it up for me.

Lumbering and meandering scenes, no depth, no humour, no drama, no tension, no character with whom to connect, generally boring, with a fight scene near the end that was Pythonesque.

I can’t think of a single redeeming feature, it was 2 hours and 40 minutes of utter guff.

0/10 Avoid.

(Yes, I know it got two Oscars and scores of other awards but you’ll never convince me it deserved anything but burning.)

Rock bus

Über Member
Once Upon a Time … In Hollywood

Unusually, it was chosen by my wife who isn’t normally one to watch a Tarantino movie (with the exception of Pulp Fiction). I’m struggling to find adequate words to describe it but I think ‘dire’ sums it up for me.

Lumbering and meandering scenes, no depth, no humour, no drama, no tension, no character with whom to connect, generally boring, with a fight scene near the end that was Pythonesque.

I can’t think of a single redeeming feature, it was 2 hours and 40 minutes of utter guff.

0/10 Avoid.

(Yes, I know it got two Oscars and scores of other awards but you’ll never convince me it deserved anything but burning.)

couldnt agree more! Love tarantIno films normally and excitedly went to see this in cinema but as you say absolute tripe! Everyone I was with agreed the same. Total waste of 3 hours of my life!

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
couldnt agree more! Love tarantIno films normally and excitedly went to see this in cinema but as you say absolute tripe! Everyone I was with agreed the same. Total waste of 3 hours of my life!

My wife enjoyed it, the weirdo.

stephec

Legendary Member
Last night was The Rise of The Kray's, whilst tonight was The Fall of The Kray's, both on Netflix.

They're both entertaining enough, but not really much different from all the other Kray films out there, for Mr Tom Hardy did it best.

6/10.

Top Bottom