What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
Watched the Truman show with my daughter last night....can't believe it was made in 1998 ! Feeling my age....enjoyed it again though.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Enola Holmes... one of those 'young' Sherlock Holmes type movies that does exactly what it says on the tin. This time it's Sherlock's 16 year old sister, Enola, doing the sleuthing. I thoroughly enjoyed it for what it was... a throwaway romp that shouldn't be taken in the least bit seriously.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Enola Holmes... one of those 'young' Sherlock Holmes type movies that does exactly what it says on the tin. This time it's Sherlock's 16 year old sister, Enola, doing the sleuthing. I thoroughly enjoyed it for what it was... a throwaway romp that shouldn't be taken in the least bit seriously.
We loved Enola Holmes too. My daughter was particularly taken with the film.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
We watched the Guy Ritchie film Rock-n-rolla. Very much the usual Guy Ritchie thing about London gangsters, with convoluted interlocking scams but it's all about the stylish and witty script and filmaking. An excellent undemanding evening's entertainment which was exactly what we wanted

AndyRM

XOXO
The Guilty - 6/10

Popped up on my Netflix as a recommendation, probably because I've watched a fair few things with Jake Gyllenhaal. It was enjoyable enough and he is very, very good in it, but I thought the ending was weak.

I hadn't realised it was a remake of a Danish film until I read about it this morning, so I will be tracking down the original today as it will almost certainly be better.

Adam4868

Guru
The Guilty - 6/10

Popped up on my Netflix as a recommendation, probably because I've watched a fair few things with Jake Gyllenhaal. It was enjoyable enough and he is very, very good in it, but I thought the ending was weak.

I hadn't realised it was a remake of a Danish film until I read about it this morning, so I will be tracking down the original today as it will almost certainly be better.
Not seen the remake...I never think they better the originals and I'm pretty sure this would be hard to match.Watch it though,you'd love it.
Or your money back 😁

Adam4868

Guru
Been having something of a Korean re visit after watching Squid Games with daughter.
Started with one of my top 3 all time films Memories of Murder the other night,know it of by heart and still doesn't dissapoint.

AndyRM

XOXO
Been having something of a Korean re visit after watching Squid Games with daughter.
Started with one of my top 3 all time films Memories of Murder the other night,know it of by heart and still doesn't dissapoint.

Watched the first episode of Squid Game yesterday! It's absolutely mad, in a good way. Utterly brutal too and I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes.

Top Bottom