What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Steven King based haunted hotel room house of horror.
Haunted house author and skeptic gets tipoff: Dont stay in room 1402
He does.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Dirty Dancing for the umpteenth time and now starting to watch Kinky Boots

The Infinite
Mark Wahlberg vehicle in which a select group of 500 particular individuals can remember all of their past lives...with hilarious consequences.
They inhabit a John Wick-like ecosystem outside of normal restraints of economics or physics.
Lots of car chases leaving low slung supercars undamaged, hot chicks arrive in sliding Ferraris with door open,saying "get in", designated chick fights. On the weapons front, the artisan samuri sword reigns supreme, trumping machine guns.
McGuffin hunt is brief. Procrastinating baddie puts off doing the bad thing he really wants to do, until it is too late.
A cut and paste bodge of a movie that would be excusable if based on popular computer game, but it wasn't.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
The Rutles: All You Need Is Cash (1978)
An enjoyable romp through the history of the Prefab Four. Often forgotten in todays fast changing music scene but at the time they were bigger than Rod.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Watched GoodFellas again.

A classic based on a true story.
The fact that he went into the witness protection program instead of doing the ‘honourable thing’ just shows how dishonourable these guys were.

But the acting is magnificent.

A film I don't think I will ever get bored of.

Kursk: The Last Mission
The loss of Russian Navy Oscar class submarine with all hands in year 2000 due to a catalogue of errors, mishaps, command decisions and political machinations.
Gripping and atmospheric drama.

Finally got out to see Avatar 2.
14 years since I saw the first one but it didn't really matter.
No idea how they make the film - I need to investigate but it's an amazing film. The whale hunt was harrowing but Cameron knows what he's doing.
Only a year to wait for the sequel !

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Got back from my ride. Coffee brewed. Slumped in front of telly and watched Addams Family Values. One of my favourites.
1676745663405.png

"Don't we just hate that?" "Don't we wish they would just die"

"And for all these reasons I have decided to scalp you, and burn your village to the ground".

Last edited:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Another bout of insomnia so I wanted a feel-good, relaxing movie to watch from 01:00 to 03:00. World War Z was my choice... :whistle:

As the long-departed (from this forum) Drago posted...

The scene towards the end where... Do we really need a spoiler block for this? Ok, spoiler it is...

The scene towards the end where Brad has injected himself with a zombie-fooling pathogen and then walks down a corridor towards a seething mass of blood-curdling, victim-chomping zombs... They rush maniacally towards him. Would they be able to see him, or would the recently-injected pathogen hide him from their ferocious gaze? The answer is, they couldn't see him - praise the merciful Lord! (The same merciful one who authorised the original zombie plague in the first place, but let's not be nit-pickers! :okay:) So, Brad has to look incredibly anxious as the zombs race past him. Now you might think that it would be hard to keep a straight face as extras tarted up to look like the meanest m*-f* predators on the planet are colliding with him in their haste to run to the product placement soft drinks machine behind him, and evidently you are right... One zomb almost knocked Brad off his feet and I spotted just a hint of a smile start to appear on his face, but professional actor that he is, he soon got it under control and started looking really worried again... I watched that scene several times, and he was definitely struggling not to laugh. I wonder how many times they had to shoot that one! :laugh:

it not that they couldn't see him, it's that they could sense that he is infected and therefore isn't food.

Grey Lady Down

Not a classic as such but an enjoyable submarine disaster film, saw it years ago and was good to watch it again. Also it starred Superman and Otis from the Chris Reeve era films which I thought was funny.

Patlabor The Movie 1+2

A pair of very intelligent animes, the giant robot action is kept to a minimum in favour of a mystery to solve. The second one was very well received in Japan for its thought provoking analysis of the role a modern Japanese military.

Top Bottom