What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
Momento....Christopher Nolan
Been going through Nolans films again with my daughter... finally she's ready to admit she loves him as much as me...well near enough.Probably the film that got me into Nolan,still a good watch.I always thought Guy Pearce was underated as a actor,done some good films for me.Anyway one of my fave Nolan films and still nearly as good as the first time I watched it.
Tenet tonight 😍

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Been going through Nolans films again with my daughter... finally she's ready to admit she loves him as much as me...well near enough.Probably the film that got me into Nolan,still a good watch.I always thought Guy Pearce was underated as a actor,done some good films for me.Anyway one of my fave Nolan films and still nearly as good as the first time I watched it.
Tenet tonight 😍

If you like Guy Pearce, watch LA Confidential. Pearce & Spacey are brilliant in it.

AndyRM

XOXO
Tenet tonight 😍

Great film. I have the limited edition DVD which has it in chronological order, which changes the tone of the film a lot. Well worth a watch, once you've worked out how to navigate the menus, which took me ages and drove me to distraction!

https://www.dvdtalk.com/features/navigating_the.html

Guy Pearce is a brilliant actor, under-rated IMO. As well as LA Confidential, Priscilla Queen of the Desert, The Proposition and The Road are all excellent viewing.

Adam4868

Guru
Great film. I have the limited edition DVD which has it in chronological order, which changes the tone of the film a lot. Well worth a watch, once you've worked out how to navigate the menus, which took me ages and drove me to distraction!

Guy Pearce is a brilliant actor, under-rated IMO. As well as LA Confidential, Priscilla Queen of the Desert, The Proposition and The Road are all excellent viewing.
Animal Kingdom is another good watch if your a Pearce fan.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
i
Tenet tonight 😍

Agree brilliant film. I only watched it recently as frankly the premise sounded stupid, but an excellently done example of the "unreliable narrator" stiory.

Enjoyed Tenet too

Ooh Inside Number9 did an episode in reverse - something to do with Emilia Fox I think. Was very clever and someone re edited it and put up on YouTube the right way round.

AndyRM

XOXO
Ooh Inside Number9 did an episode in reverse - something to do with Emilia Fox I think. Was very clever and someone re edited it and put up on YouTube the right way round.

Not sure I've seen that one, I'll have to check it out.

presta

Guru
Nobody.

How did that get a 4 star rating FFS? It was more like a lame one-star film off daytime TV on Channel 5.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Argylle

A very silly and enjoyable light hearted spy romp. Granted a of the admittedly stylish shoot-outs / fights were a bit overlong and just occasionally some of the talking was a tad sentimental, but really good fun

The lead is Bryce Dallas Howard, director Ron Howard's daughter, is really excellent and not someone I'd seen before, though I gather she's done a fair bit, as well as being a director herself

One hint is don't read reviews or write ups as all the twists and turns are likely better just got from the film. If you're in the mood for a comedy spy romp you'll enjoy it

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Argylle

A very silly and enjoyable light hearted spy romp. Granted a of the admittedly stylish shoot-outs / fights were a bit overlong and just occasionally some of the talking was a tad sentimental, but really good fun

The lead is Bryce Dallas Howard, director Ron Howard's daughter, is really excellent and not someone I'd seen before, though I gather she's done a fair bit, as well as being a director herself

One hint is don't read reviews or write ups as all the twists and turns are likely better just got from the film. If you're in the mood for a comedy spy romp you'll enjoy it

We went to see it last, I thought it was utter 5h!te. I wasn’t alone either, two people in the cinema walked out, I would have had I not been with the fragrant MrsP.
I thought BDH was awful, and a complete waste of Sam Rockwell.
It was such complete tripe, I wish I could sue the producers for wasting my time.

Top Bottom