What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
On Netflix is a series called Cobra Kai, the Karate Kid in the present day. Daniel Larousso is now a successful business man who bumps into his old rival Johnny one day, and you can probably guess the rest.

A veritable cheese fest of flashbacks and dodgy rock music, I'm embarrassed to admit that I watched the whole first series over two nights.
Was expecting the Karate Kid to have a career as a CIA agent or pehaps an ex special forces operator unjustly imprisoned for a crime he didn't commit. No, he is just a guy who used to go to Karate lessons and now sells cars.
Danny did seem to get fatter and fatter in parts 2 and 3, so I'm not surprised he's a salesman. Selling pies would have made more sense.
They've even got rid of his likeable character and turned him into a bellend gobshite.
I have a big issue with The Karate Kid... Danny is not a likeable character and never was, he was a complete bellend who kept baiting Johhny and his friends and being teenagers, they naturally retaliated to Danny's constant taunts. Mr Miyagi, instead of teaching Danny karate, should have just told him to stop being a knobhead, which would have saved us from parts 2 and 3.

And there's Danny's crane kick to the face at the end of part one, which should have seen Danny disqualified from the match, not declared the fecking winner! #justiceforjohnny.

I've not watched Cobra Kai yet, but i hope Johnny gets to punch Danny directly in the face, time and time again :okay:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I've not watched Cobra Kai yet, but i hope Johnny gets to punch Danny directly in the face, time and time again :okay:

Danny isn't all that likeable in Cobra Kai and you side with Johnny actually.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
American Ultra is Jesse Eisenberg as a stoner and Kristen Stewart as his girlfriend then the black vans with guys in black suits appear.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Carry on Sergeant - watched out of curiosity, having discovered it to have the been the first*, and endured till about half way through. Inane.

I'm sure the script started out as one national serviceman's 'idiots, incompetents and inadequates I met in the army' and through team effort evolved into a series of half-witted sketches exhibiting such shortcomings, to general hilarity. Or not, as the case may be. How this ever evolved into the longest running franchise in British history is beyond me.

* lighbulb moment: So that's where 'Carry On' came from. "Carry on Sergeant" - it's a thing officers say.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Carry on Sergeant - watched out of curiosity, having discovered it to have the been the first*, and endured till about half way through. Inane.

I'm sure the script started out as one national serviceman's 'idiots, incompetents and inadequates I met in the army' and through team effort evolved into a series of half-witted sketches exhibiting such shortcomings, to general hilarity. Or not, as the case may be. How this ever evolved into the longest running franchise in British history is beyond me.

* lighbulb moment: So that's where 'Carry On' came from. "Carry on Sergeant" - it's a thing officers say.
They are... my dad always used to encourage (force) me and my brother to watch them when we were too young to appreciate to bawdy postcard humour (AKA, sexism). The only one I can give a rating above 0/10 is Carry on Screaming, and that's probably ten times worse than i recall.

Top Bottom