What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Two films last night

"The Prestige" : Christopher Nolan films usually tick boxes, but like Tenet this one was a bit of a struggle.
I find The Prestige one his better films and possibly the only one of his i've wanted to watch again and again. Tenet, on the other hand...

lazybloke

Considering a new username
I find The Prestige one his better films and possibly the only one of his i've wanted to watch again and again. Tenet, on the other hand...
Interstellar is one I've watched multiple times. The concept of the tesseract seems clumsy, but the impact of time dilation on the characters is so well portrayed.. it really draws me to that film.

Loved Inception too, but have only seen it in dvd quality so recently grabbed a bluray on sale on Amazon.

Adam4868

Guru
I've seen most of Nolans films numerous times...well Oppenheimer only once at the cinema and although I thought it was ok I'm in no rush to see it again.
Tenet I've grown to love,first time I watched it i think maybe I was trying to hard to understand it,second and third time I liked and then loved it.Maybe that's it,as in its gorgeous to look at but not so much try and work out..😁
Inception is probably my favourite Nolan film never disappoints

AndyRM

XOXO
Late Night with the Devil - 9/10

A 70s late night talk show goes badly wrong. Funny, silly, clever and horrifying all at once.

My only real criticisms are that it was filmed in 16:9 and on digital.

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
We’ve been seeing to the kids‘ education.

Started with The Goonies, and now working our way through the Back To The Future films (one left to watch).

Next up possibly ET, Indiana Jones (1-3 only, Crystal Skull was rubbish), Flight of the Navigator, maybe Short Circuit.

Then not sure what. Suggestions?

The kids are loving the ones we’ve watched so far. They’re too young for Jaws, by the way.

Dredging up this subthread, I'd second the Back To The Future films as being amongst my kids' favourites. They're 10- and 7-year old boys.
ET and Ghostbusters freaked my youngest out a bit.
Eldest loved Raiders of the Lost Ark.
Eldest has read (and loved) The Princess Bride (on my recommendation), but we've not got round to watching it together yet. It's on ITVX btw.
Furthermore, I'd recommend Home Alone (and ...2), and Elf (in season), and Jumanji.

Adam4868

Guru
Late Night with the Devil - 9/10

A 70s late night talk show goes badly wrong. Funny, silly, clever and horrifying all at once.

My only real criticisms are that it was filmed in 16:9 and on digital.

Most of the film is shot in 4:3 giving it the 70s vibe....I think only the the last half hour is different ?
Anyway I loved it...I think David Dastmalchian was made for the part,love him !

AndyRM

XOXO
Most of the film is shot in 4:3 giving it the 70s vibe....I think only the the last half hour is different ?
Anyway I loved it...I think David Dastmalchian was made for the part,love him !

Ah, it may have been the screen I was watching it on then forcing it into the wrong ratio.

Damn.

Still, it means I can watch it "properly" again.

Jurassic World - Dominion - pretty rubbish tbh. A good smattering of british comics as the minions running the big bad company were the highlight.

Top Bottom