What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
(I am posting this BEFORE watching the film in question, but I have enjoyed it before and I think that I should also like it second time round!)

I am going to a funeral tomorrow on my way home from Devon. I thought that it would be good to have something light to watch on the train to distract me from depressing reality, so I have just downloaded Run, Fatboy, Run on Netflix.
 
Super Troopers 1 and 2 in readiness for the release of 3.

9.999999999/10.

Didn't have you down as an Abba fan!
 

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
Last week watched a few films I haven't watched for at least a decade.

Full Metal Jacket 9/10, despite being made in 1987 it hasn't aged and is a fantastic film.

Mulholland Drive 9/10, have a bit of a clue what's going on, but regardless it is a fantastic film, I'm sure some may disagree.

Lost Highway 8.5/10, have less of a clue than Mulholland Drive, but still really like it. Shame David Lynch passed away, I'm a big fan of most of his work.
 

nogoodnamesleft

Senior Member
Disclosure Day https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disclosure_Day

Despite being Steven Spielberg, an excellent cast, etc. ... well made but for me more of a chase film with no real interesting ideas. Just a way to pass some time. Watching with a friend and we were continually pausing to chat about all sorts of unrelated things, just too easy to be distracted because there was nothing really there to hold attention.
 

C R

Guru
Location
Worcester
Disclosure Day https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disclosure_Day

Despite being Steven Spielberg, an excellent cast, etc. ... well made but for me more of a chase film with no real interesting ideas. Just a way to pass some time. Watching with a friend and we were continually pausing to chat about all sorts of unrelated things, just too easy to be distracted because there was nothing really there to hold attention.

Typical Spielberg forgettable box office fodder, then?
 

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
(I am posting this BEFORE watching the film in question, but I have enjoyed it before and I think that I should also like it second time round!)

I am going to a funeral tomorrow on my way home from Devon. I thought that it would be good to have something light to watch on the train to distract me from depressing reality, so I have just downloaded Run, Fatboy, Run on Netflix.
Well, it was even more 'light' than I remembered! It was okay in downloaded form for that train journey but if I'd had a reliable internet connection then I would have streamed something better.

The concept is sound though. My tablet screen is pretty bright so I was able to see it clearly on the train even on a sunny evening. I will definitely do this again on future long train journeys but be more careful about what films I pick. I will have to be careful about film content though. It obviously wouldn't be a good idea to watch films with graphic violence or sex scenes on crowded trains!
 

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Watched a documentary on The Silurian Hypothesis put forward by Gavin Schmidt and Adam Frank earlier. Very interesting theory when you consider the geological age of our planet.
 

stephec

Squire
Location
Bolton
No Time to Die

Almost three hours of my life that I'll never get back, and when did Felix Liter's legs grow back?

Not one that I'll be watching again.
 

Pblakeney

Über Member
Well, it was even more 'light' than I remembered! It was okay in downloaded form for that train journey but if I'd had a reliable internet connection then I would have streamed something better.

The concept is sound though. My tablet screen is pretty bright so I was able to see it clearly on the train even on a sunny evening. I will definitely do this again on future long train journeys but be more careful about what films I pick. I will have to be careful about film content though. It obviously wouldn't be a good idea to watch films with graphic violence or sex scenes on crowded trains!

I take a similar attitude when downloading media for flights.
 
Top Bottom