What gig did you go to last night?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by TwickenhamCyclist, 1 Nov 2016.

1. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah

....and as long as the spogs enjoyed it, that's all that mattered.
    Ian Jnr's prized possesion is a signed DanTDM DVD

2. Fergs

Fergs Über Member

Oh no it didn’t!

I’ll get me coat...

Profpointy and flake99please like this.
  3. PK99

PK99 Guru

Hyde Park. Neil Young. Dylan and support.

Support bands were fine support.

Neil Young was excellent.

Dylan was the worst gig I have ever been subjected to. We were reasonably close to the stage and the crowd started thinning very quickly. We left 30 mins before the end and folk were streaming out. I know Dylan is an acquired taste but there are limits. Mrs PK summed it up "Does everything sound the same?" Light show was non-existent- simple white light and static camera on Dylan at Piano and dark stage and screens between songs as Dylan shuffled about.

Shame really.

4. PK99

PK99 Guru

Hyde Park. Neil Young. Dylan and support.

Support bands were fine support.

Neil Young was excellent.

Dylan was the worst gig I have ever been subjected to. We were reasonably close to the stage and the crowd started thinning very quickly. We left 30 mins before the end and folk were streaming out. I know Dylan is an acquired taste but there are limits. Mrs PK summed it up "Does everything sound the same?" Light show was non-existent- simple white light and static camera on Dylan at Piano and dark stage and screens between songs as Dylan shuffled about.

Shame really.

5. Chris S

Chris S Guru

A Tina Turner tribute - I'm still not sure whether she was a woman or a drag act

6. AndyRM

AndyRM XOXO

Book of Mormon

An absolute hoot from start to finish, though definitely not for the easily offended! I was interested to see if there was any crossover from their other Mormon bashing effort, Orgazmo, but there wasn't. I suppose when you've got so much ammunition it's easy to not repeat material.

7. AndyRM

AndyRM XOXO

InMe last night at The Cluny, featuring their new guitarist, who is absolutely massive compared to the rest of the band. Great gig in one of my favourite venues which is a small space with a massive sound. They've a new album out soon and from the couple of tracks they played off it last night it's going to be a cracker.

8. gaz71

gaz71 Über Member

I saw Sam Fender at Pryzm nightclub in Kingston last night.Hes an amazing talent for someone so young,done so many great songs already.It was a great show,probably one of the best ive been to this year.

DP likes this.
  9. raleighnut

raleighnut Guru

Went up to The Flowerpot in Derby last night to see Skinny Molly, great night and a capacity crowd,

View: https://youtu.be/DgmAqn8GAtg

Bit better* than when they played The Musician in Leicester where there were only 40 people.

* The crowd that is the band were excellent :becool:

AndyRM likes this.
  10. DP

DP Chasse patate

Heard that he's great live - I'll try to catch him in Belgium in November.

I've been listening to Hypersonic Missiles over the last few days. I get to a certain extent the Springsteen thing, although I guess he's listened a lot to Jeff Buckley and Gaslight Anthem.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice