What gig did you go to last night?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by TwickenhamCyclist, 1 Nov 2016.

1. Bazzer

Bazzer Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.

Last night Manchester Arena, Lynard Skynard on their farewell tour with guests Status Quo on their Backbone tour. An excellent evening apart from one chap a couple of seats to our left who seemed to have drink problem. FFS if you need alcohol that, much buy more than one bottle at a time!
    I would also have gone ape had I been sat 5 rows in front. 3 times people went along the row using their mobiles as torches trying to move incumbents, when it transpired the late comers were in the wrong row.
    An added bonus was a third band Massive Wagons. First time I had heard the band and both Mrs B and I very impressed. I shall be seeking out some of their albums.

2. gaz71

gaz71 Über Member

I went to see The Foals at Pryzm nightclub in Kingston last night (gig no. 22 of the year so far) and i still cant believe i saw them at such a small venue.They played the album Everything not saved will be lost -part 1 and it was absolutley superb.Id highly recommend them if you get a chance to see them.

Adam4868 likes this.
  3. Critics/journalists liked it too!!

https://louderthanwar.com/stray-cats-manchester-apollo-live-review/

4. clid61

clid61 Veteran

Manchester Apollo tonight B52's never to be seem on these shores again

5. Forgot!!

After we'd been to see The Stray Cats, at Manchester Apollo last week, we were heading out & 'Senior Management' suggested that we went to see live music more, if there was something we wanted to see (1)

I had seen on the Apollos website, that there was someone coming I'd like to see
    The conundrum is; do I ask her?
    After all, if she's there as well, she can kick me if I get too excited...….

1. I've missed Hayseed Dixie 3 times, by finding out too late that they're on

6. MontyVeda

MontyVeda a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll

The first Lancaster band to have a top 40 album!

Here's their album cover being painted on the side of a pub round the corner from me.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 8 Jul 2019
    nickyboy, Adam4868 and Bazzer like this.
  7. Bazzer

Bazzer Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.

Yes I saw they were from Lancaster when I researched them the day after the gig.
    If they play locally you should go and see them. :okay:

8. Adam4868

Adam4868 Veteran

Did they not play a gig in that pub last night ? I thought somebody told me they were meant to.

9. MontyVeda

MontyVeda a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll

No idea... they used to play everywhere in town and often, these days they're often playing elsewhere.

Adam4868 likes this.
  10. Chris S

Chris S Guru

I saw them in Birmingham at the end of last year. They would have been even better if they didn't pretend to be The Clash, "This one was on our latest album …" It turned the show into a pantomime, I was half-expecting them to throw sweets into the audience.

11. raleighnut

raleighnut Guru

Went out to see Barry last night, he's a lot better now since his heart attack last year,

View: https://youtu.be/fvQdy6ub7dU

Not really into 'cover bands' but if they're playing stuff by someone who isn't around then that's OK for me.

12. StuAff

StuAff Silencing his legs regularly

Rammstein in MK. A dull, boring evening, as ever…
    b8izvdjrer831-jpg.jpg

:smile:

ClaireSaud, MontyVeda and AndyRM like this.
  13. flake99please

flake99please Make mine a '99'

Not strictly a gig per se, but I was at the SSE Hydro last night with my Son watching a DanTDM show.

He enjoyed it, I endured it. ^_^

14. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah

Ian Jnr loves DanTDM.
    And fair play to Dan. If you have ever watched his videos, he never swears, uses innuendo, is rude or contentious. He knows his audience, he tailors his videos to them and interacts with his subscribers (which number in the millions).
    There's a lot of nastiness out there trying to draw young kids in, Dan is not one of them.

flake99please likes this.
  15. flake99please

flake99please Make mine a '99'

I couldn’t agree more with your comment above.

Last nights show was a well polished production. It just had a bit too much ‘pantomime’ for me. It’s difficult to involve every attendee directly on the stage, so the crowd cheering parts served their purpose of involving everyone.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice