What gig did you go to last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Last night Manchester Arena, Lynard Skynard on their farewell tour with guests Status Quo on their Backbone tour. An excellent evening apart from one chap a couple of seats to our left who seemed to have drink problem. FFS if you need alcohol that, much buy more than one bottle at a time!
I would also have gone ape had I been sat 5 rows in front. 3 times people went along the row using their mobiles as torches trying to move incumbents, when it transpired the late comers were in the wrong row.
An added bonus was a third band Massive Wagons. First time I had heard the band and both Mrs B and I very impressed. I shall be seeking out some of their albums.

gaz71

Über Member
I went to see The Foals at Pryzm nightclub in Kingston last night (gig no. 22 of the year so far) and i still cant believe i saw them at such a small venue.They played the album Everything not saved will be lost -part 1 and it was absolutley superb.Id highly recommend them if you get a chance to see them.

Didn't really like the support act, it seemed to be a cross between 'metal' & punk, played with a semi-acoustic (Gretsch) & a 'slap-bass'
The Living End

First on the Cats set list was
Cat Fight (Over A Dog Like Me) - first track on new CD
Secondly, their first single release in this country; Runaway Boys ^_^ (also on the eponymously titled first LP, from 1981)

Fourth track was 'Stray Cat Strut'

Critics/journalists liked it too!!

https://louderthanwar.com/stray-cats-manchester-apollo-live-review/

Forgot!!

After we'd been to see The Stray Cats, at Manchester Apollo last week, we were heading out & 'Senior Management' suggested that we went to see live music more, if there was something we wanted to see (1)

I had seen on the Apollos website, that there was someone coming I'd like to see
The conundrum is; do I ask her?
After all, if she's there as well, she can kick me if I get too excited...….

1. I've missed Hayseed Dixie 3 times, by finding out too late that they're on

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Last night Manchester Arena, Lynard Skynard on their farewell tour with guests Status Quo on their Backbone tour. An excellent evening apart from one chap a couple of seats to our left who seemed to have drink problem. FFS if you need alcohol that, much buy more than one bottle at a time!
I would also have gone ape had I been sat 5 rows in front. 3 times people went along the row using their mobiles as torches trying to move incumbents, when it transpired the late comers were in the wrong row.
An added bonus was a third band Massive Wagons. First time I had heard the band and both Mrs B and I very impressed. I shall be seeking out some of their albums.
The first Lancaster band to have a top 40 album!

Here's their album cover being painted on the side of a pub round the corner from me.
image.jpg

Last edited:

Adam4868

Guru
Yes I saw they were from Lancaster when I researched them the day after the gig.
If they play locally you should go and see them. :okay:
Did they not play a gig in that pub last night ? I thought somebody told me they were meant to.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
No idea... they used to play everywhere in town and often, these days they're often playing elsewhere.

Chris S

Legendary Member
Last night "London Calling" a Clash tribute band in Bristol - really really good. Was, and still am, a fan of the Clash, though never went to see them back in the day. This band really did them justice - they rocked !
I saw them in Birmingham at the end of last year. They would have been even better if they didn't pretend to be The Clash, "This one was on our latest album …" It turned the show into a pantomime, I was half-expecting them to throw sweets into the audience.

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
Not strictly a gig per se, but I was at the SSE Hydro last night with my Son watching a DanTDM show.

He enjoyed it, I endured it. ^_^

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Not strictly a gig per se, but I was at the SSE Hydro last night with my Son watching a DanTDM show.

He enjoyed it, I endured it. ^_^

Ian Jnr loves DanTDM.
And fair play to Dan. If you have ever watched his videos, he never swears, uses innuendo, is rude or contentious. He knows his audience, he tailors his videos to them and interacts with his subscribers (which number in the millions).
There's a lot of nastiness out there trying to draw young kids in, Dan is not one of them.

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
Ian Jnr loves DanTDM.
And fair play to Dan. If you have ever watched his videos, he never swears, uses innuendo, is rude or contentious. He knows his audience, he tailors his videos to them and interacts with his subscribers (which number in the millions).
There's a lot of nastiness out there trying to draw young kids in, Dan is not one of them.

I couldn’t agree more with your comment above.

Last nights show was a well polished production. It just had a bit too much ‘pantomime’ for me. It’s difficult to involve every attendee directly on the stage, so the crowd cheering parts served their purpose of involving everyone.

Top Bottom