What gig did you go to last night?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by TwickenhamCyclist, 1 Nov 2016.

1. Mr Celine

Mr Celine Discordian

There aren't any decent size music venues in the borders so it was a rare treat last night to see a band in a 4500 capacity marquee on a rugby pitch outside Melrose.
    The Proclaimers as good as ever, with the first UK gig on their Angry Cyclist tour.

IMG_20190615_205646[1].jpg

NorthernDave likes this.
  2. mr_cellophane

mr_cellophane Guru

Off to see King Crimson at the Royal Albert Hall tonight. No photography allowed apparently :evil:

3. Profpointy

Profpointy Guru

We heard them in Cardiff last year and they were fantastic. No stage show, no lights, just brilliant musicianship. And 3 drummers at the front, playing incredibly complicated music handing off between them - I assume they were playing sheet music simply to make it work. Arguably the proggiest of prog rock bands.

4. GM

GM Legendary Member

Me too, really looking forward to it!

5. Kestevan

Kestevan Last of the Summer Winos

Metallica at the etihad

They're not half bad for a bunch of middle aged blokes....

Adam4868 likes this.
  6. StuAff

StuAff Silencing his legs regularly

I fully agree. Twickenham tomorrow, gig number seventeen for me...

Kestevan likes this.
  7. mr_cellophane

mr_cellophane Guru

We were supposed to be in the Rausing Circle, but due to poor sales we were upgraded to the stalls, so an infinitely better seat.
    Great show.
    Back there on Monday for something completely different - The Beach Boys

The Central Scrutinizer and GM like this.
  8. GM

GM Legendary Member

We were in the rausing circle and quite a good view. Brilliant show. Glad they played a few of my favourites including this one from a previous show....

9. StuAff

And that was rather splendid. Excellent opening set from Bokassa, Ghost were practically second headliner. As for Metallica- one or two songs that have been on the other setlists this tour would have been nice, but still they dug out a few gems that haven't been played in a while. Over two hours of quality. Now on a train back to Waterloo- took an hour to get to the station- and rather glad I'm not heading home tonight!

10. mr_cellophane

mr_cellophane Guru

Beach Boys at Royal Albert Hall. With added fight 2 seats along from us :boxing:. Woman wouldn't shut up, so the man in front asked her to stop talking. She got her phone out, lent over to take his photo (why ?) and he knocked it out of her hand and it went from the Rausing Circle all the way down to the stalls. Bit unfortunate if it hit someone. :blush:

upload_2019-6-25_12-31-10.png

11. ClaireSaud

ClaireSaud Senior Member

4606FEBC-30C9-450C-B890-BE7F40F5AD3A.jpeg
    We saw Rammstein at the Olympic Stadium in Berlin on Saturday evening. Awesome concert!! Seeing them again in Milton Keynes on 6th July!

AndyRM and MontyVeda like this.
  12. StuAff

Going to MK. I'd almost wonder why you'd want to see the exact same set twice. But only almost...;)

ClaireSaud and AndyRM like this.
  13. Not the best of images, sorry
    Last night, Manchester Apollo
    65377658_10217697815989448_5820752027017281536_n.jpg 65662189_10217697816189453_1456505950755094528_n.jpg 65790162_10217697820629564_6743627897770082304_n.jpg

14. MontyVeda

MontyVeda a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll

I saw Gong twice in the same week in May... it was a good excuse to catch up with friends and family in Leeds and Glasgow.

15. Didn't really like the support act, it seemed to be a cross between 'metal' & punk, played with a semi-acoustic (Gretsch) & a 'slap-bass'
    The Living End

First on the Cats set list was
    Cat Fight (Over A Dog Like Me) - first track on new CD
    Secondly, their first single release in this country; Runaway Boys ^_^ (also on the eponymously titled first LP, from 1981)

Fourth track was 'Stray Cat Strut'

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice