What happens to your bikes when you die

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Prompted from another thread.
Am lucky my other half knows the value of them. but i am hoping they will get handed down to one of my granddaughters.
where would you like to see yours go.:okay:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
They're coming with me.
viking burial ship.jpg

Slick

Guru
When your average cyclist that I know kicks the bucket, all that's left is a big collection of old fashioned bikes that the young team wouldn't be seen dead in. (if you pardon the pun) You may think it's cutting edge carbon right now but when your gone some wee weirdo, is raging at you cos you didn't bin your own crap before you shuffled off this mortal coil.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
When your average cyclist that I know kicks the bucket, all that's left is a big collection of old fashioned bikes that the young team wouldn't be seen dead in. (if you pardon the pun) You may think it's cutting edge carbon right now but when your gone some wee weirdo, is raging at you cos you didn't bin your own crap before you shuffled off this mortal coil.
I'm not so sure. They could be desirably Retro by then.:becool:

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
Prompted from another thread.
Am lucky my other half knows the value of them. but i am hoping they will get handed down to one of my granddaughters.
where would you like to see yours go.:okay:

If you know what you want then put it in your will. Saves anyone arguing about it later.

I'll state that if I have anything usable it should be donated to a cycling charity.

lazyfatgit

I suppose if none of my friends wants them (I’m bigger than most of them) then someone will offer to flog them on gumtree or see if anyone in the club wants them.
Doesn’t worry me. I tend not to accumulate too much stuff since I left th UK, despite having way more space. So the mrs won’t have too much else to get rid of.

U

User33236

Just make sure the person looking after your affairs when you are gone knows what you actually paid for the bikes and not what you want them to believe you paid.

Top Bottom